Mariner of the Seas; earliest debarkation?

They didn't start letting us off until 8:15. We were waiting with our bags and were outside the terminal by 8:45. There should be taxis available. What you need to worry about is lines at LAX and whether or not all international guests report as they are supposed to onboard that last morning.

I got off the Mariner yesterday. They started self-debark at 8. We were on the way in the Super Shuttle at 8:20. We got to LAX at 9:30 as we had to drop off a couple at Long Beach. The line at Southwest was HUGE. My friend flew Delta, and she didn't get through check-in and security until 10:30. I would not book a 10:20 flight.

We can not change the return flights. We booked the cruise Friday and had very limited air options. I have flown out of LAX several times, however, never with Southwest. I have heard the lines there can be very long. We will take a taxi directly to the airport.

Make sure you get on the internet on the ship the 24 hours before and check in. Then at least you won't have to worry about that part.

Booked a return flight out of LAX at 10:20am, I know this is really pushing it. For those of you that may have sailed recently on, what time was the earliest they started to let people off? Are taxis readily available?

This is a frequent topic on here. I have a 10:40AM flight on United in January (Sunday). I asked the same questions. The general consensus was that yes you can do it if you can live with the stress involved (Provided there are no ship delays)

As Sue L suggested, Check in the night before.

You should take your own luggage off too.

I know this might not be an option, but if you can fly with only carry-ons, that would save you the SW checkin line if you printed your pass on the ship. Remember that you bags have to be checked a certain amount of time before departure.

Thats an excellent point that I forgot to add.

I will not be checking bags on my trip. If it doesn't fit in the overhead, its not going on the trip with me. Whatever you can do to reduce the likelihood of delays do it. Even your choice of clothing for the day. Don't wear anything that is likely to set off the metal detectors at the airport. Theres nothing worse than getting pulled out of line when you have a flight to catch.

Make sure you get on the internet on the ship the 24 hours before and check in. Then at least you won't have to worry about that part.

As Sue L suggested, Check in the night before.

You should take your own luggage off too.

Southwest does also offer a service for $10 per person to auto-check you in - you sign up for it on their website. it practically guarantees you an A boarding pass....and then you don't have to worry about logging in at a certain time the day before to check in. You can log in and print your boarding pass whenever, or just pick it up at the airport at a kiosk if you are checking bags. We just used this service on Monday, and it worked great, we had A21 & A22 boarding passes.

Good luck!

Garren

Archived