Hotel at Honolulu airport

2njcruisers

The area around Honolulu International Airport has some business hotels but honestly, can't really recommend any of them for visitors. It's not a very inviting area since it's an industrial district. Having said that, people in the past have stayed there - don't know whether they said it was OK or not since they didn't report back.

Spleen

I have stayed at the honolulu airport hotel...Holiday Inn I think. There is also a best western. They are both a stones throw (literally) to the airport.

I do have to say that the restaurant at the Holiday Inn was pretty good (we had to stay here about 3 or 4 nights while we waited for housing) and the pool was sufficient; but the rooms were not much more than that. No fridge, no frills, pretty old.

Spleen is also right that it is an industrial area and there is NOTHING in walking distance for dinner or shopping...and night time I just wouldnt want to be there. Cars in the lot get broken into we understand.

If youre staying one night because of a layover, its fine. If youre on vacation, stay downtown at a nicer place.

I stayed one night at the Honolulu Airport Hotel this last Wednesday. There is a small fridge, coffee pot, hair dryer, might have been an ironing board, not sure. It wasn't very fancy but the room and beds were fine for the night and a little time with my son before he moved back to the madlands...I mean mainland. Didn't rent a car - just used the shuttle to and from the airport. The food at the restaurant was actually pretty good, though I thought it was a little expensive for lunch.

I thought about ordering a pizza for dinner but ended up with dinner at the restaurant and it was fine. They also had a bar with happy hour drinks that looked pretty reasonable and a small store with outrageous prices (as usual).

The staff was very friendly.

I definately wouldn't make it a vacation destination though. Oh....I bid for it and got it for $60 plus taxes and stuff - came out to $74.00. When I was checking in a man was asking about the military rate and he was quoted $89.00.

Emi

When I was checking in a man was asking about the military rate and he was quoted $89.00.

Emi, yes that was about right...I thought I remember $79, but it couldve gone up. Of course you know that the "military rate" doesnt mean much to us since the government picks up the tab on hotels when we are on official orders anyway. The base tends to funnel people there when the base hotel is full up.....but if youre lucky you might get downtown!

Archived