Tampa Hotel-Doubletree

Cruisin'BusyBee

Hi to all and thanx so much for all your responses to my previous ? of Tampa Hotels. I have a question: has anyone stayed at The Doubletree Tampa Hotel? If so, please let me know your comments. I am narrowing down my search, but need a hotel close to airport/pier (carnival) and with free shuttle (to airport & to pier) - if possible. Rates on this one, anyone?

Thanks for any help:)

C/BB

We stayed there last January. Nice hotel, but not much around there if you don't have a car. It is on a main road. They do have a fly and cruise but my TA mistakenly put us in the wrong rate . Don't remember the rates,sorry. The restaurant in the hotel was on the expensive side,though.

Loved the warm cookies at checking !

We stayed there one night pre-cruise. It was perfect. Free shuttle to cruise port. After cruise, free shuttle from cruise port to airport.

We had Hilton Gold at the time, so got upgraded to the executive, or VIP floor, which included free continental breakfast. That worked out well.

Archived