DAWN Coming Back To NEW YORK

JuniorCruiser

I was just told by an officer on the Dawn last week that the Dawn will be in NY in 2011 BUT look at her itinerary and it says different. Am i missing something here? She's suppose to stay in NY. Does anyone here have any answers to my questions? It would be much appreciated :) Thanks and Happy Sailing ;)

~~Debbie~~

Isn't the Dawn returning to New York for the summer Bermuda season and the fall Canada season?

The last itinerary I can find posted is for April 22, 2011......before her Bermuda season......

The cruise lines at best post itineraries out about two years or so in advance. Give the cruise lines some flexibility. As it is they change many ships itineraries within the two years.

In the past except for last year when they were early a few months, NCL doesn't post the next summer's itineraries until April thru June, one itinerary at a time, i.e., Alaska, Bermuda, Caribbean, Europe, Hawaii, Mexican Riveria, etc. Usually the repostioning cruises are the last to be posted, but not always. And it seems Carnival posts theirs first before the other cruise lines follow.

I know everyone wants to book a cruise ten years from now at today's prices..... or three years. But its not going to happen.....

Oh, I wanted to add NCL signed a ten year agreement which started this year to sail two large ships to Bermuda during the summer season, with an exclusive from Boston. While there is no guarantee that NCL will continue to sail to Bermuda from New York, one would think or suspect that the other one will for that ten year agreement, most likely the Dawn. Of course other NCL ships can replace them in the future. Without the ten year agreement with one of the cruise lines, I doubt whether Bermuda would have built Heritage Wharf, the second pier at the Dockyards.

Archived