Drinks of the day

wanderlust402

I understand from viewing a recent Carnival Capers that the drink of the day is usually $4.95 for a regular glass or $7.50 for a souvenir glass. Could anyone give me an idea of the size (in ounces or milliliters) of these two glasses? I wasn't sure if the souvenir glass meant more contents. Also, I had heard that if you purchase the souvenir glass that there is a refill price. How much are refills for the souvenir glass?

In the Capers it also mentions these as drinks of the day. Could anyone give a brief overview of these drinks and point out there favorites. (Any of them that just are not good?)

Fun Ship

Yellow Bird

Goombay Smash

Caribbean Breeze

Riviera Delight

Mexican Mama

Ultimate Suntan

I understand from viewing a recent Carnival Capers that the drink of the day is usually $4.95 for a regular glass or $7.50 for a souvenir glass. Could anyone give me an idea of the size (in ounces or milliliters) of these two glasses? I wasn't sure if the souvenir glass meant more contents. Also, I had heard that if you purchase the souvenir glass that there is a refill price. How much are refills for the souvenir glass?

In the Capers it also mentions these as drinks of the day. Could anyone give a brief overview of these drinks and point out there favorites. (Any of them that just are not good?)

Fun Ship

Yellow Bird

Goombay Smash

Caribbean Breeze

Riviera Delight

Mexican Mama

Ultimate Suntan

Most of the drinks have a rum base and a few have amaretto. I'm not a fan of Amaretto, but I usually try them all, When you find which one makes you happy, you can order that one specifically; even if it isn't the drink of the day!! Make them work for the 15% graduity. ;)

I like the Miami Vice.....half pina coloda and half strawberry daquiri (sp?)

Just like anywhere else, some bartenders make everything taste better!

In my experience, the $4.95 glass holds the same amount as the souvenir glass and $4.95 is usually the refill price if you get the souvenir glass refilled. They usually change the souvenir glass each day (if not, you can request a glass different from *yesterday's*). I usually get one each of the souvenir glasses (to bring home to my kiddos). They have the tall Carnival glasses in yellow, hot pink, and clear. Then, they'll usually have the coconut-head-dude, and the Carnival whale tail. Possibly others as well, but I haven't seen them. But, I figure for $7.95, I can get tipsy and my kids can get a cool new cup when I get home! LOL.

*Editing in to say that I like all the DOD's, but the Yellowbird, Caribbean Breeze, and Ultimate Suntans are my favorite.

Fun Ship

Yellow Bird

Goombay Smash

Caribbean Breeze

Riviera Delight

Mexican Mama

Ultimate Suntan

I've tried all of the DODs at some point in my cruising career and most of them are way too sweet and fruity for me. They have just too many flavors competing at once. However, I absolutely LOVE the Goombay Smash - it has a coconut/pineapple flavor.

There will be a sign at the bar every day detailing what is in the DOD - so you can check out the ingredients before ordering!

Although not a DOD, I also love a Blue Hawaiian - it's pineapple juice, coconut rum, and blue curacao.

Archived