Is 10:45 too Early?

scsagh

I guess you could manage this but I would never try it. You would need to do self debarkment and keep your luggage with you. This way you will be some of the first off the ship.

Our flight was at noon and Miami is just not a fun airport to use. It took us 2 hours from start to finish to get to the gate and then they were calling the zones to board the jet. Made for a lot of stress.

Absolutely too early!:eek: We're returning to Miami with the Glory in February, and that's scheduled for an 8AM arrival -- all going well. Then there's the Customs inspection which can take a coupla hours. Then you have to get to the airport and check-in (which can be a zoo). There's no way you'd make a 10:45 flight. We're booked to fly back to NY at 4:15 -- I'd never risk the stress of a flight out of anywhere (let alone Miami) before 12 Noon. I hope you can find an alternate, later flight. Good luck!:)

Is 10:45 a.m. too early to schedule a return flight from Miami (MIA)? Cruising Glory returning 4/11/09.

I think you mean 4/11/10, right? If so, If the Glory gets back to Port of Miami and everything goes smooth with customs and you do self debarkation...then it would be OK ...

It is a risk, tho. There are problems beyond your control. (I know it's tempting to snag a cheaper price flying out....)

BUT if your the worrying type, I would rec not to end your great cruise experience with that kind of pressure. Better to wait a few hours.

Some will say "we did it, so can you!" Others will say the opposite.

Hope it works for you.:)

Mike

We did this a couple weeks ago. We carried our luggage off and were at the airport and checked in by 8:50. There were only 2 ships in port and we docked early. There are 4 ships scheduled for the day you dock so there will be many more people at the airport trying to check in at the same time as you. Hope this helps.

Karrie

This past Saturday, we were off the Liberty and in the Miami airport and thru security by 9:30....and I got hauled off into a back room by immigration to boot!!!

So yes it can be done but you never know what else could happen!

I had originally scheduled our flight for a 10:50 departure but changed it. We could have made it but I definately would have been stressed out about it all morning.

I would never do it. Its too close to call.

What if...

+ ship comes in late

+ Customs doesn't clear the ship in a timely fashion

+ You clearing customs is delayed due to only having 2 agents, yes that happen.

I would try something after 1pm.

If you do self debarkation it should not be a problem. I wound take a taxi for $24 and takes alot less time. I just did an 11 am was at the gate before the plane was even their. Self debarkation on my cruise was done buy deck number starting @ deck 1

Is 10:45 a.m. too early to schedule a return flight from Miami (MIA)? Cruising Glory returning 4/11/09.

I say it's too early. Especially since the airports advise to arrive 90min early.

Our TA told us never to book a return flight before 12:00.

Archived