For kids Trunk V.Sapphire?

Boatingmom

We've been to Maegans and Coki. Beachon previous cruises. Liked both. Maegans was prettier and coki was more down to earth and inviting (kind of like camping). nyway...Always said we'd do St John but now with the children we're thinking it would be more enjoyable at Sapphire Beach. Can anybody tell me about either or both as far as fun for a 5 & 8 yo??? Thanks in advance:D

Trunk Bay...hands down..they have an underwater scuba diving trail for kids...it is my fav beach in the whole world and we travel to St. Thomas every year..this year...we are doing a cruise....and getting to Trunk bay is top of my list...take a private cab to Red Hook in St.Thomas...ferry to St. John and cab over to Trunk Bay...you can rent snorkeling equip there and they have a snack bar for kids too...

Cherry, our last cruise we did it on our own, cab to ferry, cab to beach, cab back to ferry, cab to ship...for my DH, son and myself we spent only 20.00 less, then the ship excursion we will take this March.

We decided on the ship excursion this time, being the ferry is out of Charlotte, instead of Red hook, plus we have more people in our group, just easier....Hope to see different scenery also.

I would say the only pro on your own is, you can stay at the beach as long as you want. With the excursion that we are taking with Carnival Valor, I think we only get about 1-1/2hrs at Trunk bay. Plus some people (Islander can help you) opt to go over to Cinnamon beach, after Trunk, which is also on St. Johns.

Hope this helps..We love Trunk bay! It does get crowded if alot of ships are in port, but it has not bothered us! We snorkle and enjoy the beach....

• 2 weeks later...

My 8 yr. old daughter would have to disagree with you guys, sorry. While we won't be heading to Sapphire Beach for another three weeks, she didn't like Trunk Bay at all. I personally think she's nuts, but she has a great reason -- the water was too clear and she could see too many big fish!! Point of view from a kid!! Go figure...;)

Archived