Nassau at night?

junior8

• 2 months later...

Senor Frogs is not the only game in town.

For those who enjoy local R&B, soca and soul, check out Jay Mitchell and Hot Ice at the British Colonial Hiltons Palm Court. They play nearly every nite, starting at 10, and have become a fav spot for locals and tourist alike.

The BCH is just a few steps beyond Senor Frogs, and very safe in the evening. There are also some other clubs for the younger crowd, such as Bahama Boom, Waterloo, Fluids, Club Eclipse and others.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know of any club playing latin music, but you might enjoy calypso or soca from the local house bands at most hotels, as well as the Jay Mitchell at the BCH.

As for the Radisson, I don't have an answer. They say they don't accept cruisers anymore, haven't been their lately to see for myself.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't been to the comedy club in a couple of years, but I hear that it's very entertaining. There is sometimes even a surprise guest.

As for more adult lounges, I must say, Nassau is lacking. Most of the hotels have some sort of local band on the weekends. Especially the Wyndham and Radisson, best to pick up a copy of the What's On or Tourist News newspapers around town and see what's going on.

Even the Green Parrot has a band on the weekends starting around 9:00 or so. Arawak Cay's Fish Fry has local bands on weekend nites also. This is a very local crowd, but lots of fun. You can also ask any waitstaff during the day shift what's going on around town. Ya neva know.

My favorite is still Jay Mitchell at the BCH Palm Court. His crooning get me every time.

Forgot to Add - If you're a jazz lover, the Blue Note Club, also at the British Colonial Hilton, offers a unique flavor of Jazz and other contemporary music.

Wednesday - Thursday: 7:00pm - 2:00am

Friday - Sunday: 8:00pm - 3:00am.

Cover charge of 10 USD

• 4 weeks later...

Archived