Hotels in Rome & Athens

Millerhm01

We're taking Azamara's Holy Land cruise at end of May 2010, departing out of Rome and ending in Athens. Cruise line website has no pre & post-cruise listings yet on hotels. Plan to spend two nights in both cities, would like to be centrally located and stay in fairly nice accommodations. Recommendations sought, as the travel guides are driving me crazy with mixed messages! Also would welcome conversation with others who will be on the May 29th cruise, perhaps finding others interested in sharing tour guides in some of the ports. Thanks!

Howard Miller

We stayed at the Yes Hotel in Rome, located next to the Termini station for very easy transportation. Yes hotel itself is not close to any sites but close to train/metro station. And we stayed at the Athens Gate hotel in Athens, very centrally located hotel. Great view of the Acropolis from the rooftop. We loved both of these, the Athens Gate a little more then the Yes hotel. But both great places and very reasonable rates. Booked both of them on travelocity.com. You can get good reviews of both places on tripadvisor.com

Hi Howard,

We stayed at the AVA Hotel in Athens for 3 nights last year post-cruise. It is a very good hotel, moderately priced and in a excellent location. Here's a link to reviews on Tripadvisor: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g189400-d529729-Reviews-AVA_Hotel_Athens-Athens_Attica.html

I see that someone on another thread has given you the link for your Roll Call.

Good luck with your plans!

Was looking at Electra Palace Hotel ... any thoughts???

we stayed at the Electra Palace hotel for 1 night for our pre-cruise stay. I booked through expedia.

I really liked it alot. great service. We landed at 10 am and took the express bus in to Athens. We arrived at the Electra Palace by 11:30 or so and they allowed us to check in super early and upgraded us at no fee to a suite. We had a view of the acropolis from our windows. (I had booked a standard room thinking it really didn't matter about the view).

We really enjoyed the view at nite and took some cool pix from the juliet balcony window.

Very close to the acropolis, about a 10 to 15 min walk at the most.

Great breakfast in the morning included with the price of the room--fills you up for a long day sightseeing.

we stayed at the Electra Palace hotel for 1 night for our pre-cruise stay. I booked through expedia.

I really liked it alot. great service. We landed at 10 am and took the express bus in to Athens. We arrived at the Electra Palace by 11:30 or so and they allowed us to check in super early and upgraded us at no fee to a suite. We had a view of the acropolis from our windows. (I had booked a standard room thinking it really didn't matter about the view).

We really enjoyed the view at nite and took some cool pix from the juliet balcony window.

Very close to the acropolis, about a 10 to 15 min walk at the most.

Great breakfast in the morning included with the price of the room--fills you up for a long day sightseeing.

Thank you Goose&Mav!!!

The local destination experts on sister website cruisecritic recommend the Electra Palace due to its location, many rooms with Acropolis view and also for one of the few rooftop pools in central Athens.

Thanks! Think I'll book it!

• 2 weeks later...

we stayed at Marriott.We got it bidding on priceline 4 star about $100.they have shuttle service to downtown(not that far) Great views from rooftop and more

we took bus from airport(very easy 3 EUROS I THINK) and caught their shuttle from main square

they were used by HAL for the pre cruise on our sailing(for much more money)

we stayed at Marriott.We got it bidding on priceline 4 star about $100.they have shuttle service to downtown(not that far) Great views from rooftop and more

we took bus from airport(very easy 3 EUROS I THINK) and caught their shuttle from main square

they were used by HAL for the pre cruise on our sailing(for much more money)

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

We stayed at the Colonal Place in Rome pre-cruise 2 years ago. Great location close to a Metro stop and within walking distance to just about everything. We will be back in Oct on the Journey and plan on staying there again!

Archived