Looking for info on cabin #9708 (AA) on Spirit

cruzfvr

You don't get 6 bottles of liquor - only 3. The only rooms that get 6 bottles are Garden Villas on the Dawn/Star/Jewel. The AA does not have everything the AB cabin has.....that I'm sure of. There are two front AB suites on the corners that have TWO balconies and a bar - and the 2 AA's do not have these. When the Spirit was the Superstar Leo, the two corner AB's were the equivalent of the owner's suites. That's why Colin Veitch chose 10502 when he was on the ship over New Years. On most ships the AA is better than the AB - but not necessarily on this ship. Technically you get one less balcony (and possibly one less bathroom....I haven't heard anyone say that the AA's have 2 baths) but gain 3 bottles of liquor.

scg6281~Thanks for the photo link. Looks like the AA does have a bar, but I still would like to know if it has the extra bathroom. I saw a link that listed the sq.footage of the suites, and the AA is larger than the AB (not by much), even the suite that bigsweeps is talking about. I just can't see why the two AA suites would be $500/pp more than the AB if they did not have the same amenities. We do not care much for the front of the ship , but we love the aft, so that is why we were wondering about the corner AA suites at the rear.

If anyone has more info on the AA suites on the Spirit, especially photos, please post. Thanks, Debbi

The AA has a "counter" which acts as a bar - but not a true "bar" like I'm referring to with the corner AB's.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/165039489/165085138oBEMqB

The butler will stand behind the bar and make/serve drinks for you. There is tons of storage (for wine, glasses, etc.) next to the refrigerator. The AA suite only has a smaller "counter" and does not have any extra storage.

You will never notice the square footage difference - trust me. I've seen the AA in person. (and I don't think there was a second bath.....I never saw it)

If it was my money, I would NEVER spend extra money for the AA's over the AB's. The only "extra" you get is 3 cheap bottles of liquor that are worth about $30. Even if you love aft staterooms, give the AB's a try. Having 2 balconies is fantastic!

CRUZFVR

I have another link for you to check out. Sorry to say that BIGSWEEPS is correct abou there not being a bar. You do have a dinning room, a nice bar counter with stocked glassware and liquor "wet bar setup", and a elegant bath (but only one) there is not a half bath such as the one found in the NCL Sun owners suite.

These pics will give you a walk-through.

Start with pic P5220427.JPG and just click the next button. THe suite is #9208 the Shanghai Suite. Same as the one you are interested in...just flip the floor plan to resemble #9708.

Clint

I think you're misunderstanding what I said about the bar. Re-read my post above. The bar in the corner AB's is one that the butler can walk behind and serve guests and has TONS of storage. The bar in the AA is built into the wall and is configured differently. Yes, both have the "functionality" of serving drinks - but the AB's bar is HUGE in comparison. Just look at the photo I posted for comparison.

The corner AB's have one large front balcony with 2 teak lounge chairs with cushions and one side balcony with a lounger, table and teak bench. The side balcony is off the bedroom and is great to wake up and see the views. The front balcony is near the dining area.

My point is that Colin Veitch (the pres. of NCL) could have any room on the ship and he chose 10502 over the AA's. That says something.

I've seen almost every suite on the ship - and frankly I WAS NOT impressed with the AA's. In fact, for the price difference, the AC's and AD's are a REAL BARGAIN. The AD's are very similar to the AA's (just a bit smaller and don't have the 3 bottles of liquor).

If you want some more photos for comparison of the other suites, let me know. But if it was my choice and my money - I would pick and AD, AC or corner AB over an AA any day. There just isn't a big enough difference to justify the cost. These suites aren't like the Dawn/Star where the Owner's suite is TO DIE FOR compared to the other suites......now that I can justify the cost (and have!). I just don't want you to be disappointed thinking the AA's are better than other suites on the ship - because they really aren't. This is one ship that is the exception.

scg6281/bigsweeps~Thanks for all the info on the suites, which gives us a lot to think about. It is just that we would like to have two adjoining suites in the aft (AA and AD), which will cost us less than booking two AB suites in the front of the ship. Decisions, decisions!!!

Bigsweeps, I try to read everything I can about these suites as I have 10500 booked for 6/25 to Alaska. I tried to book one of the end suites in October when I booked 10500 but they were already gone. If you managed to get any pictures of 10500 I would appreciate seeing them. I know that it is very similar to 1001 & have seen these pictures on the spirit-slideshow but would like to see the different color scheme & hear your comments if you toured it on this trip. It's too bad that the ship gets so crowded but I'm sure I'll enjoy it anyway. I just may spend more time in my suite than I had planned. Perhaps I would have done that anyway as this is my first experience in a suite.

I didn't get any pictures of 10500 - but did see it. If I remember correctly, it had the lighter tones of 10502 (since it was adjoining and could be opened up to make one big suite). It did not have a second bath. (Note: the middle suite 10000 is a bit bigger and has the second bath - so if that's available, I consider that a good second choice to the corner suites. It also seemed to have the widest balcony up front.)

cc member Natalunia stayed in this suite (10000) and posted lots of photos such as this one:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/148023323/148050919JdzKrs

I don't think you'll experience the crowds for Alaska. I think the reason it was so full the week I went was because it was a peak time while the kids are out of school. Alaska isn't as popular an itenerary to take the kids - so it wasn't as full when we went in July.

Also - keep watch on the corner suites - because they often open up as the people upgrade to AA's (not knowing the AA's aren't better).

Archived