Electrical Outlets on Princess

chrisahx

On Sunday we will be cruising on the Caribbean Princess and since this is the first time we have sailed with Princess I'm wondering about the electrical outlets in the cabins? Do I need to bring along an adaptor in order for the plug to fit? Also, what about the voltage?

There will be two plugs, American style, on the desk/table thing. They're really close together, though, so if you need to plug in multiple chargers or something else that takes up more than just the outlet space, bring a power strip.

There's also an American style plug in the bathroom, but it is for low-powered electric razors only.

No worries on the voltage. If you have one of the small devices with multiple plugs and a USB port (Belkin's and others cost about $15), they are much smaller, lighter and more handy than a surge protector power strip, especially if you have a device like a camera or Ipod than can charge off of a USB port.

Les

"no worries on the voltage. If you have one of the small devices with multiple plugs and a USB port (Belkin's and others cost about $15), they are much smaller, lighter and more handy than a surge protector power strip, especially if you have a device like a camera or Ipod than can charge off of a USB port".

Thanks for the info. I don't understand what this USB thing is though. We will have 2 cell phones, walkie talkies, curling iron, hair dryer, 1 laptop & 1 netbook & 1 Iphone (which is the only type USB power- plug I know of) I'll bring an 8 outlet power strip, although I hope the plugs will accommodate 3 prongs. We are in a suite (3-Persons), do they provide hair-dryers in those bathrooms, or would they have one that could borrowed for the 7 days?

Thanks for the info. I don't understand what this USB thing is though. We will have 2 cell phones, walkie talkies, curling iron, hair dryer, 1 laptop & 1 netbook & 1 Iphone (which is the only type USB power- plug I know of) I'll bring an 8 outlet power strip, although I hope the plugs will accommodate 3 prongs. We are in a suite (3-Persons), do they provide hair-dryers in those bathrooms, or would they have one that could borrowed for the 7 days?
No hair dryer in the bathroom but there's one above the desk. The plugs are 3-prong and you won't be able to plug in more than one adapter at a time. Here are photos of the plugs and the hair dryer:

340414114_hairdryer1.jpg.f1ee15364c74b42fd3662be6a4e81be1.jpg

434585254_hairdryer2.jpg.9f9d1b275ee8ec0d50d3ca6a0fb41118.jpg

Outlet3.jpg.51e55b56bd60f7efbd0663c32736ed1f.jpg

Archived