Probably silly question about Breakfast Seating

torontoflo

Hello everyone. I have a question about breakfast in the dining room. I don't mind at all sitting with others at dinner, and it can be quite enjoyable because you get to know new people.

However, at breakfast, is there anyway to sit alone (there are 2 of us)? I usually avoid breakfast in the dining room and opt for the buffet for this very reason. I have ate in the dining room for lunch and really don't like sitting with new people every meal (makes for awkward small talk lots of times). Can a seating for just two people be requested at breakfast and lunch? Thanks so much.

Megan

I kinda like meeting new people every morning for breakfast. of course I am single, but I have been cruising with a group of friends and still meeting new friends at breakfast, then you see them other places on the ship and they are not just a face anymore.

My wife and I don't mind sitting with others either. One morning we did want to be alone and asked if we could have a more private table with just the two of us. No problem, they put us in a corner with about 6 other couples eating by themselves. It shouldn't be a problem just ask...

This happens to be one of my pet peeves - and if any "powers that be" at Carnival headquarters read this post - I hope you take it to heart. My wife and I enjoy eating alone - ESPECIALLY at breakfast. I don't think we should be forced into tactics such as turning to leave before having our desire for a private table accommodated. Not everyone on a cruise is there to socialize and, I'd like to see this "forced together" breakfast and lunch policy changed in the dining room - not just on Carnival but all cruise lines. We're not anti-social but, we're not morning people and being force into small talk with others - we'll that's why we go to the buffet 99% of the time. It would be nice to have the option of being able to eat in the dining room for breakfast and lunch without having any hassles about getting a private table. From most of your reactions...I don't think I stand alone at this issue...

Thanks for letting me vent :D

When we on the Glory last fall, we wanted to enjoy a champagne breakfast in the dining room with my ILs so we asked for a table to ourselves & we were accomodated quite quickly.

I'm not anticipating any problems on our cruise at the end of the month. At least I hope we don't encounter any since we will be taking our one year old and I doubt many people would enjoy breakfast with a one year old.

Archived