News from the P&O Site (Re New 2010/2011 Program)

Surf_Chick

P&O Cruises Raises the Bar with New 2010-11 Program

Date: 12 Nov 2009

P&O Cruises has released its new 2010-11 program packed with cruising firsts, including two ships sailing from Brisbane in 2011 and a new season of summer cruising from Newcastle.

The growing popularity of cruising from Brisbane has prompted P&O Cruises to introduce a second ship, with Pacific Sun joining superliner Pacific Dawn from March 2011 to offer 16 cruises from the Queensland capital, boosting capacity by 50 per cent for the first half of 2011.

The new program also features P&O Cruises’ Pacific Pearl’s first seven months of cruising from Auckland and Sydney, with highlights from Sydney including a new 10-night cruise to New Zealand in March 2011 and a 28-day voyage to Tahiti in July, following the success of Pacific Dawn’s cruise this year.

P&O Cruises has expanded its offering of themed cruises following the sell-out popularity of its shorter “sampler” cruises this year, with the latest program featuring more three-night Comedy and Food & Wine cruises as well as new four-night Lifestyle cruises from Sydney, Newcastle and Auckland.

Meanwhile, Pacific Sun will offer Novocastrians a longer season of summer cruising in 2011, sailing eight cruises from Newcastle to the South Pacific, New Zealand and around Australia in February and March.

Jenny Lourey, Senior Vice President of Carnival Australia, which operates P&O Cruises, said the new program provided more variety for Australians planning their next cruise holiday.

Highlights of P&O Cruises’ 2011 program include:

• A new three-night Lifestyle cruise onboard Pacific Jewel departs Sydney February 11, 2011. Fares start at $699* per person

• A nine-night cruise from Newcastle onboard Pacific Sun to the South Pacific including Port Vila, Ouvea and Noumea, departing March 6, 2011. Fares start at $1899* per person

• Pacific Pearl’s 28-night voyage from Sydney to Tahiti visiting Norfolk Island, Tonga, Papeete, Moorea and Bora Bora in Tahiti, Samoa, Tin Can Island, Fiji, Vanuatu and New Caledonia departs July 1, 2011. Fares start at $5599* per person.

P&O Cruises has also introduced new Special Occasions packages, available for purchase pre-cruise, to add a special touch to onboard celebrations. Priced from $80, the birthday and special occasion packages include a bottle of sparkling, red or white wine, dinner for two at the Steakhouse (or the new Salt Grill by Luke Mangan onboard Pacific Jewel) and portrait photograph.

For more information and bookings contact a licensed travel agent or P&O Cruises on 13 24 69 or visit www.pocruises.com.au

* prices quoted are per person twin share, subject to availability, conditions apply.

Media contacts:

Anthony Fisk/Jane Humphries Carnival Australia 61 2 8424 8861

I wish they'd send one of their ships to Melbourne for a few months. I know it takes a couple of extra days to get to the islands and back, but I'd sure prefer to spend a few hundred extra on my cruise than on airfares! :(

It's not a difficult choice - 2 extra sea days, or a return flight to Sydney/Brisbane! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

hehe croydon cruiser, are you from croydon?? i grew up in croydon and went to Dorset primary school but have live in QLD for 12 years now... LOVE IT HERE :)

and yes i would say they would have to put the suns prices down as i would choose the dawn over the sun to cruise if they were the same price :)

hehe croydon cruiser, are you from croydon?? i grew up in croydon and went to Dorset primary school but have live in QLD for 12 years now... LOVE IT HERE :)

How did you guess! :D

I've had plenty of holidays in Qld, and I love it, but only in winter! I couldn't stand the heat and humidity in summer. We're the other side of Croydon, near the Croydon Pub on Maroondah Highway. Did you spend many hours there in your younger days too? :D:D Our kids are at Croydon West PS, and are pretty happy there.

I wish they'd send one of their ships to Melbourne for a few months. I know it takes a couple of extra days to get to the islands and back, but I'd sure prefer to spend a few hundred extra on my cruise than on airfares! :(

It's not a difficult choice - 2 extra sea days, or a return flight to Sydney/Brisbane! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

How good would that be!!! I totally agree!!

P&O Cruises Raises the Bar with New 2010-11 Program

Date: 12 Nov 2009

P&O Cruises has also introduced new Special Occasions packages, available for purchase pre-cruise, to add a special touch to onboard celebrations. Priced from $80, the birthday and special occasion packages include a bottle of sparkling, red or white wine, dinner for two at the Steakhouse (or the new Salt Grill by Luke Mangan onboard Pacific Jewel) and portrait photograph.

For more information and bookings contact a licensed travel agent or P&O Cruises on 13 24 69 or visit www.pocruises.com.au

P&O Media Releases are hilarious. Just don't try phoning 13 24 69 to ask about them like I did. I phoned yesterday to ask about the new Special Occasions packages available for purchase pre-cruise. The lady told me I had to book the steakhouse once on board, I then asked her about the latest media release. She didn't know where to find it, I then had to direct her on the P&O Website where to find it so she could read it. NOT GOOD P&O. She then had to ask a supervisor and came back to say they have not been told how to book these yet so she has sent an email to tech support or something for an answer. So with 20 days till sailing and only 4 nights on board I'm waiting for a return call. OMG.:eek:

I also phoned my TA to see if she could book and she also said P&O have told them they will be able to but she can't see anywhere to do it yet. So now I have both the TA and P&O trying to find out how to book a Special Occasion package. P&O really need to lift their game and either train staff better or don't do a media release until a procedure is in place to support it.:mad:

Fingers crossed we get to dine in Steakhouse and get a cake etc for daughters birthday, we didn't get to for 15th wedding anniversary in October, but we did get balloons & a sign. :o

Cheers

Jingles.:)

Archived