HOw do I book a cabin for 4?

skyrain30

I am looking at booking a cabin. It asks how many people i have and I put down 2 adults and 2 kids. I am doing the thing where you just pick the catagory and Carnival picks the actual cabin. Will they automatically choose a cabin that will fit the 4 of us? I have cruised once before with just my husband. We had a king size bed. If the cabin is the same size, I can't imagine where the 3rd and 4th people will sleep. What should I expect?

First of all Hello from a fellow Utahan!! :D

Are you trying to book via Carnival's website? If so, you need to choose "4" on the pull down menu of how many passengers first and then you need to choose what category cabin you want (Inside, OV, Balcony, etc). Once you have done that, you should be able to choose your room. If you are trying to do something guaranteed, I think you still have to choose "4" passengers first.

When it comes to sleeping four people, a lot depends on the type of ship that you will be sailing. On the smaller ships (i.e. Fantasy class), if you choose something besides a suite, you will get two beds together and two pull down beds (like bunk beds but not together). I know that on the bigger ships (i.e. Conquest class), some cabins will still come with a pull down bunk but also might have a sofa that converts to a single bed.

Hope this helps! :):p

When you choose cabin type, they will show you prices for first and second guest, and then a much lower price for 3rd & 4th.

If it is a sofa-bed, my 17 year old daughter loves that, and prefers it to the regular beds. (I believe that the sofa-beds on carnival gets set up once, and stays a bed the whole time. Not set up and broken down every day.) I've also seen pull-down bunks, with some sort of ladder.

Kathy

Quick answer is yes, the Carnival website will only offer you rooms that accomodate the number of guests you indicate (1st step of the reservation process I think). We are three travelling and I forgot to change from 2 pax to 3 and was looking at some categories that turned out to be unavailable because they wouldn't accomodate 3rd or 4th pax.

Check out the legend for each deck, it will show you which rooms allow a 3rd or 4th - if there is no extra "icon" ie)square, diamond etc then it only sleeps 2.

The legend also explains (I think) how the 3rd and 4th will be accomodated - sofa bed vs. pull-down bed etc

A previous poster mentioned that they thought the extra bed stayed made up for the entire cruise - on NCL when the extra bed was the sofa it was put back to a sofa each day on Princess the bed came down from the ceiling and was of course put away each day.

I would hope the sofa would be put back into sofa form each day!

Good luck choosing. We chose an aft-wrap balcony room for our next cruise and this site was great for finding pics of the interior to know what the bedding situation would be like. For category 9C there are only 2 cabins that will accomodate 3 and none that will accomodate 4 (on Freedom) so it can be frustrating to find what you want when there are more than 2 travelling.

The previous posters here have the right idea---research the Carnival site.

As someone who cruised in the same room with her parents at 8 and 13, I can tell you that it is totally easy to travel inexpensively in one room. My sister and I took the "bunks," and had no problem. Also, it should be said that until my honeymoon last July, I had always traveled in an inside cabin with no real problems. I'm not sure if you are trying to think about economics, but my two cents is, if your kids are lucky enough to be going on a cruise, they won't mind being in an inside cabin with the folks. The first time I had an inside cabin w/o the folks was when we cruised to Alaska. Then it was my 13-year-old sister, my 16-yr-old self and my great-uncle. We were fine.

I am looking at booking a cabin. It asks how many people i have and I put down 2 adults and 2 kids. I am doing the thing where you just pick the catagory and Carnival picks the actual cabin. Will they automatically choose a cabin that will fit the 4 of us? I have cruised once before with just my husband. We had a king size bed. If the cabin is the same size, I can't imagine where the 3rd and 4th people will sleep. What should I expect?

Might I suggest that you call Carnival and ask for a PVP? They will help you in anyway they can and there is no charge. Just like having a TA without paying extra for him/her. Wish I could give you the name of mine.:p

Luv's Crusin'

We've done 4 in a cabin twice. In the inside room, it was two floor level twins arranged in an "L" with two ceiling bunks above. We actually kept the bunks down all week during the day as it provided a good place to read, etc. and actually more usable room rather than "wasted" airspace. (You guys remember how your college loft worked, right?) In a balcony last year, mom and dad had the typical king while the kids had the converted sofa w/ an upper loft above. They left the sofa conversion as a bed but I'm sure we could have asked for the sofa to be set up each day. The cushions are neatly stored under the king bed by your steward. Honestly, it's just fine.

This year the kids get their own Inside across the hall. Biggest benefit is the extra shower and storage space. Biggest negative is not knowing exactly when they come in at night. At 17 and 15 we keep an eye on that. :cool:

Archived