Summer New England cruises out of NY -- kids or not?

lovetovacation

Hi. I am looking at a summer cruise to NE for Aug 2010 and wondering if anyone has thoughts on if these cruises are geared more toward adults or since it is the summer will there be kids onboard? I'll have a 5 year old but I'd hate for her to be the only kid or for there to be no one around her age for the whole week.

I also posted this on the New England port of call board.

Thanks.

Don't worry there will be tons of kids onboard! We took a 5 day from New York to Canada on The Triumph in July with our three girls and we all had a blast.

The Camp Carnival activities were great, the Circle C wasn't a huge hit with our oldest, but she still made friends and found lots to do.

We had late seating and shared a table with another family of 5. Their boys and my girls got along so well that they still call each other.

The waiters, room steward, everyone really, was very kid friendly.

We had rainy weather, so the excursions we did were museums and shopping which might not appeal to a 5 yo, but there are some great options.

Have fun!

If you are doing NCL, Carnival, Princess or RCCL, there will be 100s of kids on the cruise in the Summer. I assure you, your 5 year old will not be the only child.

We did the NY to Canada cruise this past June and my 5 and 9 year old were 2 of 300 kids onboard.

In August, there will be even more.

Think of it this way. The North East Coast has very few ships to choose from when we want to cruise without flying to a port. People with kids know its easier to drive to a cruise port than to fly. So MANY MANY families do the NYC ships in the Summer.

Archived