Imagination or Destiny?

midgetmama

Hello all,

My husband and I are hoping to cruise in January from Miami to Key West and Cozumel, and these are the two ships running the route. Reading about the ships from the Web site, Imagination sounds more appealing for us, but reviews seem to lean more toward Destiny on some sites, Imagination on others. Imagination's description said they have an adults-only pool, but I haven't seen that mentioned on any reviews. We're pretty much going to eat, lay out, and see shows, but I'm just having trouble differentiating between the two ships. Imagination is cheaper at this time for the dates we want to travel.

Anybody able to give a good comparison between the two ships?

Thanks!

Hello all,

My husband and I are hoping to cruise in January from Miami to Key West and Cozumel, and these are the two ships running the route. Reading about the ships from the Web site, Imagination sounds more appealing for us, but reviews seem to lean more toward Destiny on some sites, Imagination on others. Imagination's description said they have an adults-only pool, but I haven't seen that mentioned on any reviews. We're pretty much going to eat, lay out, and see shows, but I'm just having trouble differentiating between the two ships. Imagination is cheaper at this time for the dates we want to travel.

Anybody able to give a good comparison between the two ships?

Thanks!

I have pics of the adults only area on Destiny in the reivew in my signature.

I have been on the Destiny, Jan 09, and honestly it was not my cup of tea. I thought the pool area was horribly laid out and the rest of the ship just seemed odd to me too. I have been on 7 cruises total and this was my least favorite probably. We were on the spa deck and I have never stayed in a cabin area that was a noisy as this one was, it was horrible!

I am about to sail on the Imagination, I will post a review when I get back. :)

I think a lot might depend on which type of cabin you would like. If you are okay with either an inside or an ocean view, I would probably chose the Imagination (especially if the price is cheaper) but if you want to experience a balcony without having to get a suite, I would try the Destiny. :D

I did the Imagination itinerary to key west and cozumel and loved it. With the relatively recent EOF upgrades it didn't feel like an "older" ship at all, and I LOVED the serenity deck for adults only.

I always feel like the Imagination is the quiet middle child of the carnival family. No one ever talks about her one way or the other, but she's a great ship even without the recognition!

If you need a balcony, book one of the "suites" on the verandah deck (Cat. 11), they're the equivalent of a regular balcony room on the newer ships, and very few people on that deck except for those who have a room there.

Good luck, and whatever you choose, I'm sure you'll love it.

We have done both as well,,,,,,,,the Destiny is a much larger ship of course but the imagination is a great ship , we love the serenity deck (adult only) with the nice cushiony lounge chairs, push button for drink service, 2 hot tubs and located on the aft deck GREAT place to be for sail way out of Miami!!!!

The Destiny adult hot tubs are the only adult area, the pool is actually not just for adults only , just the hot tubs are, so beleive me the area is filled with kids.

But it is a very nice ship. And it docks right at Mallory Square in key West instead of the Navy pier like the imagination (then you have to take a trolly into town and back to the ship).........sooooo either one is great, Destiny is bigger ............either one you will have a blast! Have fun! We leave on the Destiny December 10th!!!! again

Ness, I'm looking forward to your comparison of the two!

Thanks, everyone. I think I'm leaning more toward Imagination, but in the end the final decision will probably be based on which dates are more convenient. I've cruised on Sensation (Port Canaveral to Bahamas/4 nights) before; how do these two compare to that?

Archived