what was the medical emergency on Crown Princess?

Canuk Lindylou

We were on the New England cruise from New York to Quebec City, 23 September to 3 October. Due to a medical emergency, the ship turned back to meet a Canadian rescue helicopter and someone was airlifted off the Crown Princess in the middle of the night. As a result, we had to miss the port of Sydney, Nova Scotia. The information next day was rather sketchy. Does anyone know what happened??

We were on the New England cruise from New York to Quebec City, 23 September to 3 October. Due to a medical emergency, the ship turned back to meet a Canadian rescue helicopter and someone was airlifted off the Crown Princess in the middle of the night. As a result, we had to miss the port of Sydney, Nova Scotia. The information next day was rather sketchy. Does anyone know what happened??

Yes it was probably someone was ill and needed to be airlifted off. I don't think any other details are really necessary.

Same thing happened on our TA last year. Heard it was a heart attack that wasn't doing well. Big Huey's (helicopters) can only go so far and have enough fuel for mission and return. They are too big to land on deck so patient is airlifted aboard on a backboard. I believe that I would have a heart attack just thinking about how they were going to get me off the ship:eek: Prayers for whoever was taken off -- they really don't take that step lightly and I think it really a life saving decision by the Captain and the Canadian govt. Hope you get back to that port later. Meanwhile take care and I hope they never have to pull north (the most eastern point of land) so that the helicopters can come for you or your loved ones.

Archived