Jan 3 Celebrity Solstice w/3 teens?

tkalex9052

Hi--

This is our first cruise ever. Our travel agent recommended the Celebrity Solstice Eastern Caribbean cruise departing this January 3. My husband and I are looking for a more upscale, relaxing cruise experience with better quality food, and for these reasons we are leaning toward Celebrity versus RCCL and the like. We have three kids--one 18yo and 14yo twins. Since it is our first cruise, I know that it will be exciting just by virtue of it being our first, but I want to make sure that the kids will not be bored.

I guess there is an X club for the 14yos and there's stuff for them. I am sort of worried about the 18yo. I think he may enjoy some of the lectures about nautical navigation, etc., but I am not sure.

It is amazing how when I call the Celebrity customer service they aren't very helpful. Here I am, ready to dish out $8K, and they can't tell me much if anything about the youth activities except what I can read on the website.

Any help appreciated!

There is a family board, where folks with children post capers and such, and some there will know a lot more about children's activities. Post your general questions on Celebrity board too. Both will get more eyes on it and more chances of folks who can tell you more about activities for your teens.

From what I know the 18 year old will be too old for the general programs for teens.

Hello,

An 18 year old male is too old for his parents to be worried about his boredom level. There are lots of things to do on a cruise ship, especially a spectacularly new ship like the Solstice. Believe it or not, he will find his way very nicely. Remember, that you will be visiting ports so this will take up some of the time he will be "bored".

Please note that you mention spending $8,000. Does this include air, and a hotel for the night before the cruise? I saw some excellent prices on this cruise in the range of $900 per person for an oceanview cabin, and slightly more for a balcony. I don't want to cause any problems for you or your travel agent, but check with the travel related websites on what prices they are charging for their cruises and the cruise line websites as well. The prices will go up depending upon the location of the cabin but $8,000 for the cruise only (5 people) does sound too high for a 7 day cruise after Christmas.

Archived