Leaving out of NY in April?

cantwait06

Hi everyone! We are considering taking a cruise on the NCL Dawn to Bermuda out of NYC in April. I'm curious as to how the weather will be on that first sea day? We can only take this one cruise since I am a teacher and have to go at a specific time, otherwise we would wait and go when it warms up a little. Is the first day spent in sweatshirts freezing?

Thanks for your help!

As you know, as you live in Mass, it can either snow or be 80 degrees in April, but sailing out of NY, the next day you are in the gulf stream. We have sailed out of NY in Jan and Feb and the next day it was in the 60's and by that afternoon, we were in the pool. We have sailed out of NY in April as well and by the first full day it was quite comfortable.

Thanks for your answer! Thats why I was afraid, living in MA I know that it can still be quite cold at that time of year here! Its good to know that in the first day we will hit warm weather, that makes me feel much better! I appreciate your help!

Archived