Anyone used RoystonTours?

frostycruiser

My family took an island tour with him and just returned. We visited St Kitts Nov 7th and found Royston to be a very

good choice for us.

He took us all over the island and was very friendly and nice guy. There was 7 of us -- his van is nice but not like

the fancy vans from some tour companies. I would definately use him again.

We toured with Royston on Thursday, October 29th. We had a terrific tour and he is a very good host. He really loves his island home and showed us a lot of interesting places. He took the windows out of his van to help get more air while we toured. We would definitely go with him again, very interesting tour.

St. Kitts Excursion with Royston Island Tours

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I booked a tour of St. Kitts with Royston of Royston Island Tours for my group of 30 clients while at that port of call on the Carnival Victory.

We were met by Royston when we debarked the ship and since it was our last stop after a very busy itinerary of 6 islands in 6 days, the group decided that they would like to go to Cockleshell Beach before touring the island. Royston was more than happy to accommodate our request. The drive to the beach was breathtaking. We drove along the coastline and saw a mongoose, goats, bulls, and stopped to take pictures of the monkeys playing on the road side. We stopped to photograph the gorgeous view of where the Caribbean Sea and the Atlantic Ocean almost met - separated only by a little strip of land.

We arrived to Cockleshell Beach by 9:00 am and were the first guests to arrive. What a treat to have the entire beach to ourselves for the first hour. It was $10.00 to rent a chair and umbrella. (They do not bargain like other places might do.) What a beautiful beach and the water was wonderfully refreshing. There was an old pig named Wilbur who resided there. As an added bonus, there was also a little piggy that thought he was a dog that stayed at the beach all day....running around visiting everyone, snooping in the beach bags, and cooling off in the water. He knocked one of our sodas over so that he could drink some, but was way too cute to scold. In addition, there was a very nice man roaming about with the cutest little monkeys, Cindy and Sarah. Cindy had adopted Sarah since she had been abandoned by her mom. Both wore tiny diapers and would sit with you for pictures. Of course, a small donation was expected for this, and was well worth it. There was a local man there with a puppy that rode on his back as he swam. It was so cute.

Royston met us at the beach with coolers of beverages - water, local soda, juice, and beer - which we helped ourselves to throughout the day. Our driver served us delicous wraps - our choice of chicken, beef, or fish. They had some sort of seasoned potatoes in them, too. They were delicious.

The beach was clean and the water was so refreshing. Some folks snorkeled and were able to see some gorgeous fish. The water was so clear that we could see fish swimming around our feet as well. We enjoyed the beach so much that it was unanimous that we just stay there for the entire day instead of doing the tour. We will have to do that next trip.

I would strongly recommend booking your excursion with Royston Island Tours. Royston was excellent at keeping in touch and quickly answering any questions that I had. He was very nice to deal with and extremely helpful in helping me set up the excursion.

We'll be in St Kitts in December and are considering Royston's 4 hour island tour. Has anyone used this company and what was your experience with them.

we have booked Royston for our tour when in St Kitts on Dec 21st and have found him to be thorough in taking booking without a deposit required.

Hi, we have just returned from a wonderful 12 day cruise out of Baltimore, and I have to say that Royston's tour was one of the highlights of our vacation.

You should prebook as it is a one man operation and he doesn't solicit on the pier for business. We were fortunate to be a complement of six people only, and we really enjoyed the company of our fellow guests who seemed to have as good a time as we did.

Royston went out of his way to make sure we got to see every part of the beautiful island of St. Kitts, and I'm sure we got to see every beauty spot and vista. We have some incredible photos of St. Kitts and we can't wait to return. Our only slight disappointment was that being Sunday, all the best eateries were closed so we didn't get to sample his recommended choices. We did get to snorkel, sightsee and enjoy some great company.

I'm pretty sure I was on the same tour with Ikelmay and totally agree with comments made. Royston's tour was without a doubt the best tour we were on during the five ports we visited. He is very easygoing and accommodating and would highly recommend him.

We used him on our cruise last week and he was so freindly and accomodating. He will do whatever you want. We saw most of the island. Wetoo had the wraps mentioned above- very yummy- made with meat and potatoes and a curry sauce.

All the tour operators/taxi drivers know him at the port. He is 35 and looks 17!:D His van is nothing fancy but he makes up for it in touring.

Enjoy!

No he does not have a website but email him roystontours@hotmail.com and wait for a reply - he did take a week to reply to our initial email but apologised that he had been away.

Here is his website http://www.roystontours.com/index.htm

The website confirms the above email address

We just sent him an email for our April 2010 cruise and will wait for his reply

panamatiger

• 2 weeks later...

We booked Royston and just had 4 of us in his not full of bells and whistles van. We had a fantastic time. We asked and he provided food and beverages for us, took us on a wonderful tour of St. Kitts and then snorkeling. He snorkeled with us and pointed out some interesting sea life for us that we may have missed. We asked and he did without question. We would book with him again.:)

• 1 month later...

We did an all day island tour with Royston in December. He was wonderful. Such a kind man. We had a fantastic time and would definitely look him up when ever we make it back to his part of the world. He will take you on what ever trip you want. We spent the whole day with him including sunset on a totally empty "locals" beach. His van is very basic, but he is such a wonderful warm person. Best tour ever!

• 3 weeks later...

We had booked Royston for our stop in St. Kitts. He met us at the ship and was willing to do whatever we wanted. Unfortunately I had a cold, so we didn't go snorkeling, but he took us all around the island. He even drove off road to show us a beautiful, peaceful overlook. We can highly recommend him!!

After reading all the rave reviews here and on TripAdviser, I figured it was time to actually Make A Decision, and try booking him with...but it seems the universe disapproves. His web address now says that the domain name has expired, and I got a delivery failure when trying to email him at roystontours at adventure.com.

Since I'm currently in Australia, I'm not too keen on trying to ring (apart from anything else, he's probably asleep!). Anyone know how to contact him?

Archived