Coki Beach Beginner Scuba (short video clip)

loveboater99

Here's a short clip of my group diving last month in St. Thomas at Coki Beach. They had a girl from DiveHDV at the dive shop shooting high definition video that put my pictures to shame. Glad I bought the video!

The water was warm, fish were friendly and we had a great time.

Be sure to use Youtube's new HD feature when watching the video. Enjoy!

I absolutely love it!!

Thanks so much for posting this lovely video.

I'll be in St. Thomas in January and am considering Coki beach. We'll be snorkeling, rather than diving, however - is the snorkeling anywhere as good as the diving there? And did you go to Coral World? We'll have a young child with us and would love to give him a view of the fishies :).

Thanks so much for posting this lovely video.

I'll be in St. Thomas in January and am considering Coki beach. We'll be snorkeling, rather than diving, however - is the snorkeling anywhere as good as the diving there? And did you go to Coral World? We'll have a young child with us and would love to give him a view of the fishies :).

We went to Coral World which is right next door to Coki. It was pretty nice. We did SNUBA at Coral World (we weren't SCUBA certified yet). We saw plenty of fishes.

After we visited Coral World, we spent some time at Coki. There were a lot of people snorkeling but we didn't. I'm sure there's good snorkeling there.

OP, did you spend the whole dive on your knees or did you actually swim around and explore?

Haha! No, we didn't spend the whole time on our knees during the dive. That was just one video clip taken at the beginning of our dive. We have about 75 different clips from the dive. The dive itself was about 45 minutes long. There's a nice reef there, about 50 ft from the beach with lots of different fish, stingrays, barracuda, eels and we even saw a turtle!

Snorkeling is good at Coki. We also went to Magen's, and although a nice big beach, we didn't see any fish. We didn't make it to Coral World, so I can't really give it a thumbs up or down.

Archived