WiFi charges?

susique

We are on the Dawn on Friday and my husband need to keep in touch with his office while we are gone. His office will reimburse us for the charges, however, he would like to let them know am estimate of how much. Our welcome aboard packet says it is available but does not list the price and we cannot locate it on line at NCL.com. Can we use this in our cabin?

We are on the Dawn on Friday and my husband need to keep in touch with his office while we are gone. His office will reimburse us for the charges, however, he would like to let them know am estimate of how much. Our welcome aboard packet says it is available but does not list the price and we cannot locate it on line at NCL.com. Can we use this in our cabin?

For a rough estimate figure $0.75 a minute . Only he knows about how much time he may spend on the computer. There are packages that are cheaper ( .45 a minute) . As far as in the cabin , the answer is maybe .

Most cabins have an Ethernet plug in and you may be able to get the wifi but its spotty.

Good luck

We just returned from the Star. My DH has his own company and needed to be able to access his email every day. We had read here on CC about the ethernet so before we left we purchased a ethernet cable. We were able to purchase one package of 250 minutes for $100.00 Even with the ethernet cable internet was still a little on the slow side so the 250 minutes did not last us for the full seven day cruise and we ended up getting another package which I think was another 100 minutes that cost $55.00. So it is not cheap but if like us you really can not go a full seven days without being able to correspond with your customers then it comes in very handy.

One problem other then the expence is the service is so slow as it is satlite. One better suggestion, when you land take your laptop to an internet cafe and hook up with that service, if you can find one.

If you are at sea then you need to pay the price listed and suffer in the slowness we aren't use to.

From NCL.com:

Wireless Internet Service for laptop usage

Pay as you go: $0.75 per minute

Time Package Plans:

_250 minutes for $100 ($0.40 per minute)

_100 minutes for $55 ($0.55 per minute)

_Pay as you go $0.75 per minute.

I would do some research before the trip. Try to find out where in the various ports Wi-Fi, or Internet cafes are available. I've used cafes in Cozumel and Aruba. Forget trying to find one in Samana.

I think you have five days at sea, so there will be some times he will have to connect on the ship. Expect slow while on board.

Keep in mind, the onboard internet is just that, only internet, no other access to the ship's PC at all: Drives, USB, printing from your PC.

Rich

Archived