Princess Cruises Counting towards Carnival Platinum?

BC Todd

I think I may have read somewhere that cruises on Princess may count towards Platinum status on Carnival.

Just wondering if anyone knows if this is true?

P&O will give you credit, but not Carnival ~~!!~~ Those two companies are the only Carnival "sister" companies that honor each others past guest perks

I would love that because I have six Carnival and two Princess ones so that would have meant that my cruise in May would have put us at Platinum. Bummer.

ON THE 10TH carnival cruise is when you get to be platinum.

Although owned by the same company it is a completely different product.

Is the reverse also true, that a Carnival sailing doesn't do anything for you with Princess? We are doing our first cruise with Carnival, but anticipate sailing Princess in the future. It would be nice to carry forward some perks.

With the way that they advertise the "worlds leading cruise lines" on the back of their brochures, it would make a lot of sense to treat things like the airline alliances. Whether I fly Continental, United or US Airways I would earn miles under the "Star Alliance."

Is the reverse also true, that a Carnival sailing doesn't do anything for you with Princess? We are doing our first cruise with Carnival, but anticipate sailing Princess in the future. It would be nice to carry forward some perks.

With the way that they advertise the "worlds leading cruise lines" on the back of their brochures, it would make a lot of sense to treat things like the airline alliances. Whether I fly Continental, United or US Airways I would earn miles under the "Star Alliance."

Like serene56 stated the problem is it's a different product between the lines.

It breaks down like this between Carnival and Princess.

Carnival is basically a seven night cruise line with a few 12 night cruises and a more three to five night cruises than most. They only count cruises not nights cruised and their highest loyalty level is reached on the tenth cruise.

Princess cruises start at seven nights up to World Cruises which can be over one hundred nights. Princess requires either fifteen cruises or one hundred fifty nights sailed to reach their highest loyalty level (15 x 7 = 105 nights minimum).

The problem with combining the programs is that they use two different standards to earn loyalty status. Unlike the example you gave of airlines which use air miles to determine status which is universal in their respective industry. One airline is not using takeoffs and landings while another is using air miles within the alliance.

Archived