Eastbound Transat-12th Sept 2010

QM2 fan

Hello Carl-nice to meet you!

Have you been on QM2 before? We did WB Transat in 2006, and my husband takes early retirement in April so its kind of a retirement pressie to us both(although we are not old!!) When are you travelling out to NYC? We are undecided,probably about the 10th I think,as we have done NYC several times before (indeed my husband has done it hundreds of times..he's a BA pilot!!)Hae you a cabin number yet etc?? Clare xPS Forgot to say,my husband is from Cardiff,and my family are welsh..

Hello Carl-nice to meet you!

Have you been on QM2 before? We did WB Transat in 2006, and my husband takes early retirement in April so its kind of a retirement pressie to us both(although we are not old!!) When are you travelling out to NYC? We are undecided,probably about the 10th I think,as we have done NYC several times before (indeed my husband has done it hundreds of times..he's a BA pilot!!)Hae you a cabin number yet etc?? Clare xPS Forgot to say,my husband is from Cardiff,and my family are welsh..

Hi Clare,

Its our 1st Transatlantic and 1st for New York.

We're flying out on the 9th and staying in the Omni hotel in Manhatten for 3 nights. Really looking forward to it!

We've got one of the hull cabins 5103.Do you know your cabin yet?

We are from a small village called Tonna about 10 miles from Swansea.

Carl

Hi Clare,

Its our 1st Transatlantic and 1st for New York.

We're flying out on the 9th and staying in the Omni hotel in Manhatten for 3 nights. Really looking forward to it!

We've got one of the hull cabins 5103.Do you know your cabin yet?

We are from a small village called Tonna about 10 miles from Swansea.

Carl

Yes,we are in cabin 9007, a Q6 on deck 9. We are travelling with some friends, who got bored with us raving over our previous QM2 trip, so they decided to see what the fuss was all about. They don't have a cabin number yet though..

My husband was born at St Athan air base, and my father recently traced HIS father, who turned out to be from North Wales.He has suddenly got a whole new family ! So,we have a lot of Welsh blood in us both, although we both grew up on Merseyside...(and consequently support the Reds!) We took a huge Liverpool flag with us on our last trip ,so family who waved us off from Southampton could spot us waving it on the rear deck!

Archived