Hell/City Bus

jkjmt

How often does the city bus go through and stop at Hell????

We've booked Royal Dolphin Swim with free turtle farm and thought we'd take a quick stop at Hell again (we've been there before). We're planning on taking the city bus, but we don't want to be stranded in Hell and not able to get back to our ship.

My dh and I are going to be in Grand Cayman in February and also plan to visit Hell. I do not know the following from experience, only what I have read here on cc. I would point you towards the right thread, however I cannot remember where I saw it at. What I have read is the city bus runs every half hour. Every experience I have read, they only wait for a few minutes at Hell for the bus to come by and pick them up.

I have not done this either, but we plan to do the same thing. We are booked through the ship to do the dolphin and turtle farm excursion but then plan to return on our own going to hell and then back to the pier or downtown via bus.

I did some research and the city busses are actually white mini-vans with blue license plates. You would want either the one with a yellow or lime green marker on the front of it. They run that route every 15 minutes and if you are not at a bus stop if they honk you can wave them down and they will stop for you.

We will be there in Dec. and if I think of it I will come back and post how it worked out for us.

Where are you from in upstate jkjmt? I grew up there.

Bumping.....still wondering about the bus schedule....don't leave us stranded in HELL.....:D

Buses have what you might generously call a route. There are "official" routes, but drivers can detour from those routes and often do so. When they detour, they do not always double back so that all parts of the route are covered.

Only true optimists would suggest they have anything approaching a schedule. While there are allegedly buses every 15 minutes along the West Bay routes, they do not maintain an even stagger. You might see 3 buses go by within 5 minutes and then nothing for 30 minutes.

That's kind of what I'm afraid of. I don't want to get stuck in Hell....:o

Maybe we'll swing by Hell first and then onto our Royal Dolphin swim which is scheduled at 11:00. At first I was thinking Turtle Farm then Dolphin then Hell, but I would think buses go by the Dophin place and the Turtle Farm more often than Hell.....would you say that's a good assumption???

All of this conversation about a bus to Hell reminds us of a work of fiction by author C.S. Lewis called "The Great Divorce" in which a group of people take a bus ride from Hell to Heaven.

We can understand why you want to know the bus schedules and routes. Who would want a one-way trip to Hell? :D

We're guessing that the people who live and work near that Cayman Island attraction have heard all of the jokes!

• 1 month later...

We are not planning any excursions in Caymen Islands but I would like to go to Hell while we are there and send some post cards. Is it easy to get there and back from the port area? As we don't have anything else planned I'm not "too" worried about time just worried about getting back and forth without any headaches.

Are there things to do there besides going to a post office and sending post cards? Any idea how much it costs to send a post card from there back to the states?

We were last in Hell back in Nov. 08, and I sent several postcards back to the states. I think the price of the postcards was 3/$1.00 US money. Price of the stamps was somewhere around 50 cents each. I can't remember, but it wasn't much. I sent one to myself, and we actually got home before we got it. It was cute to get in the mail.

We were last in Hell back in Nov. 08, and I sent several postcards back to the states. I think the price of the postcards was 3/$1.00 US money. Price of the stamps was somewhere around 50 cents each. I can't remember, but it wasn't much. I sent one to myself, and we actually got home before we got it. It was cute to get in the mail.

Cool, thanks for the info. I was planning to send one to me too :o

Everybody I tell about going to hell wants me to send a postcard... I had a thought though, this cruise is our honeymoon, I thought about sending them as "thank you" cards to those who get them. At the same time, I don't really want to sit there all day adressing post cards.

I have lots of young nieces and nephews that love getting mail, plus friends and co-workers, so I'm always doing postcards on every trip anywhere.

My postcard shortcut? I do up a sheet of address labels before I leave, and then just peel off the labels and stick them to each postcard. I jot a couple of words (hi from hell, wish you were here, etc.) and sign them, then stick on a stamp and they're done. I've gotten to the point where I can rattle off a dozen postcards in 10 minutes... :D

My postcard shortcut? I do up a sheet of address labels before I leave, and then just peel off the labels and stick them to each postcard. I jot a couple of words (hi from hell, wish you were here, etc.) and sign them, then stick on a stamp and they're done. I've gotten to the point where I can rattle off a dozen postcards in 10 minutes... :D

Ha, I thought that up last night... and was going to claim the idea as my own. THANKS A LOT! :rolleyes:

:D

Though "Wish you were here" tickled my funny bone... "Wish you were here... in HELL!"

• 2 weeks later...

Archived