Ship Time vs. Grand Cayman Question?

Longing to Cruise Lisa

I am sure this has been posted numerous times.

My cruise is so close, I just don't have the time to serach the boards for the answer I need.

Question? Royal Caribbean

Does the ship stay on ship time or Grand Cayman time?

I think it's the same, the Florida rule applies but not positive.

Thanks for taking the time to answer me!!

Happy Sails~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When we were on Grand Cayman last month, the ship stayed on Florida time, and we booked a Stingray / Snorkelling tour on the Buccaneer. It stayed on local time, so we were mentally adding the hour to stay on ship's time. In Cozumel the following day, the time difference also aplied, but our tour guide (Marrrrrtin - Discover Mexico/Chankanaab) adapted to ship's time.

We just got back from the Enchantment cruise and were instructed to turn our clocks back one hour the night before GC. We were then an hour earlier than the island - apparently the people on shore did not realize this which obviously created problems. The ship was late into port, and some people missed their early excursions due to the combination of late arrival and time mixup. Even the official RCCL shore excursion coordinators were confused and thought everyone from the ship was late. I don't know what any passenger could have done about the situation since we assume the shore excursions are aware of ship time.

We were never able to find out why the ship changed time; we stayed on CST through Cozumel (which did match that island) and changed back to EST after Cozumel.

• 2 months later...

Does anyone know how the time difference will work in Grand Cayman in June? We will be on Carnival Freedom. Does anyone know if they will change the clocks to match Grand Cayman?

We are looking into a tour that leaves from the dock at 8:30 am. Since they don't observe daylight savings time, would that be 9:30 on our time, or 7:30?

Thanks.

Does anyone know how the time difference will work in Grand Cayman in June? We will be on Carnival Freedom. Does anyone know if they will change the clocks to match Grand Cayman?

We are looking into a tour that leaves from the dock at 8:30 am. Since they don't observe daylight savings time, would that be 9:30 on our time, or 7:30?

Thanks.

I went on the Carnival Valor in August and I think it was an hour difference. Of course there no time difference now since Grand Cayman doesn't do Daylight Savings. The time difference didn't end up making a difference because all of our excursions were based on ship time (Miami time), not the local time... In fact, our cruise director said we should stay on ship time to avoid any confusion.

• 3 weeks later...
... The time difference didn't end up making a difference because all of our excursions were based on ship time (Miami time), not the local time... In fact, our cruise director said we should stay on ship time to avoid any confusion.

It will make a difference if you book private tours so check with the company you are booking thru. There is an hour's time difference once we put our clocks ahead in the spring. So, if your independent tour says it gets you back to the dock at 3:00...the ship's time is 4:00 & you could be in big trouble if you don't plan accordingly.

Archived