Any Crown Princess Kids Club Questions

tmitchell82

W just returned from our 7 day Western Caribbean cruise aboard the Crown Princess. This was DD (5) first cruise and she had a blast. When we asked her what her favorite things were on the cruise was the kids club. She was in the Princess Pelican's room which serves children 3-7. There were not a huge number of kids on this cruise, only 27. We were very impressed with the kids club. Hours worked pretty good for us and we even used the late night babysitting one night. Staff was very good at working with the kids and the activities were fun. DD painted a shirt, did a variety of crafts, had a kids dinner one night (mom and dad went to the Crown Grill:D) DW is a director of a daycare so she knows a lot about child care and she was very impressed with everything about the kids club. We would not hesitate going on Princess again with our DD.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Tim

We are going next week on the Sapphire Princess with our 2 kids ages 7 and 9. I was wondering what night was the kids dinner event in the Kid's Club? Was it on formal night? Also, do they keep them pretty busy with activities? I don't want them just watching movies or playing video games. Did they ever do any activites where they leave the club ?:)

We are going next week on the Sapphire Princess with our 2 kids ages 7 and 9. I was wondering what night was the kids dinner event in the Kid's Club? Was it on formal night? Also, do they keep them pretty busy with activities? I don't want them just watching movies or playing video games. Did they ever do any activites where they leave the club ?:)

They did 2 kids dinners. One was on a formal night, the other was not. I think it was purposely set up that way. DD did not do the first kids dinner since it was on the formal night and DW had made DD her formal dresses and really wanted to see her in the dresses. The dinners were done in the Horizon Court. They do keep them pretty busy. There was always various activities. Were there times when they would watch movies or play on the computers, yes, particularly when there were few kids in the room or later at night when half the kids ended up falling asleep (still have not figured out why DD was still going at 10pm after a full day of activities). You get a schedule of all the activities when you get aboard. We had ours in our cabin when we went to our cabin after boarding. There are no activities on sail away, just orientation and registration. There were not many activities where they left the room, other than the dinners, and a few activities right outside the room, but this was the 3-7 year old room. Since your kids are 7 and 9, the might be in different rooms. Not sure what the older room did. You can leave your kids in the kids club while you are ashore at ports, and they do take them down to the horizon court or pizza/grill on the Lido deck for lunch. They do not serve "meals" in the kids club. Now ice cream night was a big hit and I think that happened twice. One night they did pirate night, complete with face painting. DD loved it. They do post a list of how many kids, along with the ages and gender are in each room so you can get an idea how busy the room will be. There was only 27 3-7 year olds on our cruise.

Tim

• 4 weeks later...

We're considering doing a last minute cruise in early January and see NCL and Princess have good prices. We sailed NCL pre-parenthood but have never been on Princess. Any comparison feedback? We are thinking Western Caribbean would be interesting with visits to Mayan ruins. Has anyone done this with a young child? DD will turn 5 just before the cruise and has a very adventurous nature. She's also a good swimmer so we are thinking of introducing her to snorkeling. We're not the types to just play at the beach. Any input concerning the kids clubs, excursion choices, etc would be appreciated. Thanks.

Next week we will be taking my 10 month old son on the crown princess. I know he is too young for the Kids Club, but if you have any suggestions, that would be wonderful!

While they have a no diapers in the pool policy (including swimmers), there is a small "kiddie" pool on the sports deck (17) that does not exactly have people around to complain about kids in diapers in a pool.

Princess Cay is a great time with kids. They can play in the sand near the water and such. Bring a few sand toys and you son will have something to entertain him self with on the beach.

If you plan on taking you son into the dinning room and have anytime dinning, try and get the same wait staff each night. They can be very helpful in getting you through dinner. Don't hesitate to bring in a stroller with you son in it and have it buy the table. We had John and Jeffery in the Michelangelo dinning room and I would highly recommend them. They did great with our DD. Just talk to the head waiter in the dinning room on the first night.

Not sure why type of Cabin you are in, but only the mini-suites and above have tubs, and the showers are tinny and it can be more challening to bath a child. Also, remember to bring your own shampoo and such for your kids as they have no kid friendly bath amenities.

Tim

Princess

Thank you so much, we currently have late seating, hoping DS will sleep in the stroller during dinner, but if he doesn't we know we can switch to anytime and I will be on the lookout for your servers.

I have seen several folks bring their kids to dinner in a stroller. Parked the stroller by the table and is appeared to work really well. With late seating, you may get lucky and your son will be asleep. The other recommendation I do have is be ready to adjust your child's schedule. Can really be helpful to tire him out for dinner or other activities. When we wanted to make sure we got to sleep past 7am, we made sure DD was well worn out by the end of the day.

Archived