Ryndam refit

baily

What's the latest on Ryndam refit, booked on 14 day cruise Jan. 24th., third date change by Hal. First was for Olivia charter, second for refit, third for Olympics charter. When will they have time for refit?

I just got off the Ryndam last Sunday morning after a 7-day cruise. I found out during my discussions with several waiters that the ship was scheduled for drydock in February. I was also told by a dining room manager that the ship would go into drydock about Feb. 9th for about 3 weeks.

I was also on the Ryndam for a 10-day cruise in April. While the ship is about 15 years old, and shows some wear and tear, it is still fairly well maintained. I am eager to cruise on it again after it leaves drydock to see the changes.

What's the latest on Ryndam refit, booked on 14 day cruise Jan. 24th., third date change by Hal. First was for Olivia charter, second for refit, third for Olympics charter. When will they have time for refit?

We are also booked on the Jan. 24th cruise for 2 weeks. Hopefully we will be informed of any changes.

If you go to the HAL web sight and look at the deck plans for the Ryndam they have two different sets pre 2/7 and after 2/23 give or take a day on those dates.

Has anyone looked at and compared the two and found any major changes?

• 2 weeks later...
OH NO!!! I thought there was one more cruise after ours on Jan 31. We were on the Oosterdam on her TA before her drydock--the last couple of days were trying to say the least (we were in a cabin that was going to be ripped out.)

Oh well-- maybe this will be ok.

It appears the last cruise will be on Jan 31. The refit will start on Feb. 7th.

Thanks--(I think)

If it hadn't beenm for our Oosterdam experience I wouldn't give it a second thought. I really thought there was a cruise after ours...I probably would not have booked this.

Poor me poor me...when I think about the big picture I'll have to survive going to Florida for a few days in January (it is below freezing here right now), then I'll have to force myself to get on a cruise ship and sail to really neat ports and spend time looking at alot of pretty fish while I snorkel in warm tropical seas. Poor me poor me.

Do you think I'll survive?(But I still would not have booked this one had I known).

I have the deck plans and descriptions of each for both the Prior to 7 Feb and after 23 Feb Ryndam sailings.

As far as I can see by just looking at the Stateroom deck plans, there are additional staterooms in various categories being added and stateroom number changes. Here is the Ryndam Stateroom Page to view the various Stateroom chenges. http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Ryndam/index.html

I have no idea what other changes are being made since I am only concerned with the Staterooms.

Joanie

• 2 months later...

Ryndam's in Freeport now and will be arriving back in Tampa on the 25th February.

I've not heard much from my other half who's working on the ship, but I believe the refit is going according to plan and on time etc. I know he's been feeling cold this time though!! :rolleyes:

Archived