Recently back from Southern Carribbean on the Millennium?

mistysue

We'll all lose weight and then Celebrity will be the favorite again!

Do I remember reading that you will dine in the specialty restaurant every night? Be Careful!

Yes we do, and yes I know that is a lot of food and very rich but what the heck, I will try to be careful.:rolleyes::eek:

• 3 weeks later...
My complaint with Patouche was that they asked us if we had snorkeled before and we said yes, but we do not swim on a regular basis. When we got to the Baths, the swim into shore was about a half a mile. When I said I want to take the dingy, they acted like it was either too much trouble to get it off the boat, or it didn't work or something. We just about drowned going into shore. Then when I said I want to have the dingy take me back to the boat, they said I could swim to meet the boat, another half mile. They just were not going to get the dingy off the boat. Was so winded after the swim, then the obstacle course going through the Baths, it just about did us in. Even a lot younger guy in our group said "I didn't know I was going to get Navy Seal Certification on this tour"!!!! The "lunch" consisted of canned fruit cocktail, raw carrots and some kind of hot pocket like sandwich. Needless to say, for the money we paid, we were disappointed.

DW and I took Patouche's half-day tour (no lunch) to the Baths on Nov 28. The boat anchored probably less than 100 yards off Devil's Bay Beach. Once off the boat we snorkeled to the left (looking at the beach) through the rocks near the shore and then walked back to the beach on the path through the Baths. One of our number opted to snorkel straight in to Devil's Beach because he didn't want to walk back on the path, which does involve crouching and bending to go through passages in the rock. DW and I were glad to be wearing beach shoes for the walk.

The swim in was in almost flat calm water and DW and I, both of us novice snorkellers and neither of us strong swimmers, were provided with waist floaties. It took maybe 20 minutes to half an hour, with the opportunity for more snorkelling at the other end of the Baths trail. After some time at Devils Bay Beach, the swim back to the boat was, as I said, maybe100 yards.

We had a great guide who took us along and through the coastal features with plenty of pauses for people to catch up. There was no current. Of the three snorkel tours we took on our cruise, this was the easiest and was a highlight of our trip.

Just returned from this cruise and had an excellent time. The service level was very good in all areas. Our MDR staff were exceptional as was our stateroom attendent.

With such a busy agenda we typically grabbed a quick bite in Michael's Club for breakfast. Late lunch most days in the buffet followed by a visit to Michael's club for drinks at 4 or 5 pm. Late dining was a bit too late for our liking @ 8:30 pm. MDR food was good for the most part and I would agree with the comments on the beef and lobster. We ate one night at the "Waterfalls" area in the buffet and the steak was excellent.

Did our own thing on every Island except Tortola. On Tortola we went snokeliing which I would rate as OK at best. Otherwise we hit the beaches in every port of call except St Lucia.

Noticed that taxi fares on both Curacao and Aruba have increased significantly since our last trip. Ended up taking the bus in Aruba for a fraction of the cost of a taxi.

Overall a great cruise with very good service. We are considering going again in march 2010.

Just got back Tuesday from San Juan. The cruise was fantastic. Now in saying that I also will say that the food was not nearly as good as our previous Celebrity cruises. I had heard beef was not good and it is not. Some meals just average. Some very good. Celebrity is never going to get the truth about the meals on their survey forms. We were informed, more than once, by the waiter that if we complained about the quality of the food, it would go against him and the assistant waiter. They would not get as many tables on the next cruise, thus not make as much money. I think everyone at our table was in agreement about the food, but we all put it was "excellent" due to the effect it would have on our waiters, which we adored. Since it is your first cruise with Celebrity, you may think it is all okay.

As far as excursions go, we booked all private tours. If you look on the port thread, which is what I did, you can find out which tour guides are the best. I would recommend Bernard's in St. Martin, Curaceo Acitef in Curaceo (Howard Newton in particular), Spencer Ambrose in St. Lucia and Silvermoon in Barbados. We were not too happy with Patouche in Tortola and very unhappy with Your Way Tours in Aruba. If you have time, we really like Legends tour in Puerto Rico.

Let me know if you have any other questions I might be able to answer. And take good care of my ship!!!!!

We were recently off Milly on Nov. 27. We found the food in the MDR just ok rating it according to past Celebrity quality. We ordered many times from the "other" side of the menu and avoided the chef's recommendations. Unlike your waiter, ours encouraged us to send it back if it wasn't to our satisfaction. We never send food back but at our table of eleven, 5 returned food on one occasion. We love Celebrity and it will remain our favorite cruise line regardless and none of us ever went hungry. We feel Celebrity has some food issues and are apparently getting more unfavorable reports than they want and hopefully they will do what's necessary to save business. Our cruise was wonderful. We loved every minute of it. We had wonderful weather and smooth seas. The only bad thing was having to get off the ship and fly home.

Archived