Has anyone recently taken a tour of Acapulco with Rosie Diaz,

jones391

We were in Acapulco in January and had Rosie pick us up and we also did a day tour, then a ride to the ship. It was just fine! She was a very pleasant guide and her other guides were just as nice. I would recommend her with no reservations at all. 100% satisfied!

We just returned from our wonderful MR cruise and our tour with Rosie's organization in Acapulco. As has been repeatedly stated Rosie is a pro. I regret she was busy the day we were in town but she makes sure that her operation is run smoothly and well with no complaints. She is pleasant and professional and you can feel very confident booking with her!!

My DH and contracted this woman (Rosie) on April 13, 2009. We flew into Acapulco and wanted transportation to the Las Brisas Hotel. We saw many outstanding comments about her. Now I am not so certain I believe all I have been reading.

She was not very quick to respond to Email and I did not fault her for this. I understand she lives in Mexico and may not have a computer or Internet in her home.

She did arrive at the airport but was not there when we cleared customs. We waited nearly 20 minutes in front of the airport in the blazing heat.

She was not driving a van, she was driving a little gray car. She could not lift our baggage and my husband had to help her pack what he could into her trunk and had to bungee cord one suitcase to the top of the car. I was beside myself in anger.

On the way to the hotel she was explaining that her van was on loan to a tour guide that had a group of people. She seemed sincere in her desire to make this up to us. Often she was pitching tours that we should take on the way to the hotel.

We agreed to buy a private city tour for the next day. She promised to have her van. The rate was very high and she was asking $70 each.

Reluctantly we agreed. And she was to pick us up at 10:00 AM the following morning. She showed up late again! 10:45 is not 10:00 AM. She was not driving a van, she was in a beat up mini van. I wanted to burst into flames.

The AC was blowing warm air and we felt more comfortable with the windows open. We were supposed to see the highlights of Acapulco although much we had seen before. Her focus seemed to be trying to encourage us to by trinkets at the local junk store vendors. Then she suggested we visit her parents "Plantation". It was not a plantation, it was a beat up old house with people standing out front trying to sell us more junk.

At the end of it all she expected a "Tip". I wanted a refund. She had many sad sob stories and the experience was just too much to bare.

You will have a better experience being mauled by the vendors outside of the ship terminal in Acapulco.

• 2 weeks later...

Are you sure we are speaking about the same person? None of what is posted above sounds like the Rosie we experienced. We took her tour during a Jan. Panama Canal cruise on NCL Star. She is licensed & charged by the size of the group - $45 for 6, $40 for 8 or $35 for 10 or more, for example. We had 5 couples who had met on CC so paid $35 pp.

She took us to places ahead of other tour groups, so that we truly had a "private" tour. She knew all the best places for photos - 2 beautiful scenic overlooks in different parts of the city. She got us into the Chapel of Peace before it officially opened. She paid attention to the timing of things, so that we got to the cliff divers in time for good viewing options.

We had a very clean a/c van, drinks, cold towels for our necks. Always felt safe with her driving. At one point she was taking us to a viewing point up a steep, windy road and we learned there was an accident ahead, so she backed all the way back down the road with little trouble & quickly found an alternate route to the same place.

At dropping off 4 couples at the end of the day, one couple wanted to go somewhere to make a phone call. We later heard from them that Rosie not only took them there rather than just directing them to it, but insisted on staying with them so she could safely return them to the ship afterwards.

I would give her an A for everything. The only small concern we had was that it was a little bit difficult for those in the very back of the van to understand everything she was saying because there seemed to be no speaker in the back. She did use a microphone for the whole tour, though. We had a hard-of-hearing person in our group but he moved to the front seat, next to Rosie, with a speaker on the door, and that solved the problem.

• 1 month later...

Rosie's tour was mediocre; she steered us towards a restaurant and stores where she appeared to "be friends" with their management, the time spent at her parent's house was a waste. As someone who speaks spanish, has resided and traveled extensively in latin america, I was unimpressed. In the port's parking lot she did score points when her quick actions prevented a panhandler from stealing a client's purse.

Jay

Rosie was already committed to another guest on my visit date so she explained she could get another guide for us. She promptly answered all questions regarding the guide via several emails.

Rosie met us with Roberto at the pier. She also came to the restaurant we were at near the end of our tour to see how we liked everything. She even helped out when the restaurant was giving me a poor exchange rate on the tab.

I HIGHLY recommend Rosie and her associates. It was a GREAT day.

...we used her service for shuttle from airport to cruiseport. WOW. She set us up with associate (Greg) and one of the easiest transfer we have ever had. He greeted us as we exited airport and no worries. Enroute, Rosie called to ensure all was fine for our brief 45 minute ride. I had asked if Greg might pick up sodas/water prior to our arrival so we could avoid stop at store. Well, as requested, he had it all, including libations. Greg was very friendly and knowledgeable and we regret that time did not allow a city tour. When we return, we'll definitely look up Rosie for guidance. Enjoy.

• 3 weeks later...

We toured with Rosie and she was awesome!! Prompt, knowledgeable, a/c, cold drinks, a couple special gifts, and great stories and conversation. I left the tour up to her, listing some of the more popular sites and the cliff divers. Very efficient at getting thru the traffic...I told her it was just as bad as Boston! We had a wonderful day!

Archived