poolside drinks

soexcited31

Hi everyone, im going on the Ruby 20th December (first time cruiser!) I am planning on bringing a few bottles of wine and some coke sprite etc on with me I was wondering if you are able to drink these around the pool area i was thinking for MUT stars that sort of thing. thanks in advance!

Hi everyone, im going on the Ruby 20th December (first time cruiser!) I am planning on bringing a few bottles of wine and some coke sprite etc on with me I was wondering if you are able to drink these around the pool area i was thinking for MUT stars that sort of thing. thanks in advance!

There's a $15 corkage fee per bottle if you consume the wine outside of your stateroom.

Only if you bring it to the diningroom.

Also only if you bring in the bottle. If you just have a glass they don't know where you got it from, it could have been at the bar as a pre dinner drink. I have never been charged and always bring a glass to dinner.

So to sum all that up, yes you can take drinks by the pool whether they be wine or soda. Since no glass is allowed by the pool, you can either get a plastic glass from the bar or bring your own insulated mug. If you buy a 'drink of the day' that comes in a souvenir glass, hang on to that and wash it in the sink between uses.

There is a corkage fee if you bring your bottle of wine to the dining room. The waiters will keep it aside for you if you haven't finished it and bring it back out the next night.

There is no fee if you open the bottle in your room (tip: bring a corkscrew - although I hear you can borrow them from the steward but who wants to be chasing him down to open a bottle of wine). Drink it wherever you want although I think discretion works best. ie: I wouldn't bring a glass of wine from my room into a bar ! But I would certainly bring it on deck by the pool in an insulated mug - who knows what's in there...

Have fun !

Also only if you bring in the bottle. If you just have a glass they don't know where you got it from, it could have been at the bar as a pre dinner drink. I have never been charged and always bring a glass to dinner.

Of course you wouldn't be charged. Our friends always bring a glass to dinner; wine which they poured themselves in their cabin.

Of course you wouldn't be charged. Our friends always bring a glass to dinner; wine which they poured themselves in their cabin.

Thats right Pia!We always obtain jumbo wine glasses from our steward every afternoon and fill them with our wine!Then we take it to the dining room.

Also, I highly recommend a "BUBBA MUG" in your choice of colors and sizes.We'll fill these a 1/3 of the way with Tommy Bahama White Sands Rum or Kettle One Vodka and get the daiquri mix , pina colada mix or cranberry juice from the pool bar!

Keeps your beverage ice cold and fresh for hours!:D

Thats right Pia!We always obtain jumbo wine glasses from our steward every afternoon and fill them with our wine!Then we take it to the dining room.

Also, I highly recommend a "BUBBA MUG" in your choice of colors and sizes.We'll fill these a 1/3 of the way with Tommy Bahama White Sands Rum or Kettle One Vodka and get the daiquri mix , pina colada mix or cranberry juice from the pool bar!

Keeps your beverage ice cold and fresh for hours!:D

My friend Tina had a Bubba mug (she is from Alabama ;)), and someone stole it off the table in Horizon Ct. Two different times; two different ships. She no longer uses them. Besides which, hers was used for iced tea.

Can you bring your own liquor bottle onboard with you? We're going on the Crown Princess this weekend and it would be nice to have a brandy bottle in the room for an evening refresher (without having to go anywhere to get it). Do we have to declare it or anything?

We'll buy plenty of drinks from the bar as it is ... Princess has to pay for those big ships somehow! :)

Thanks

Can you bring your own liquor bottle onboard with you? We're going on the Crown Princess this weekend and it would be nice to have a brandy bottle in the room for an evening refresher (without having to go anywhere to get it). Do we have to declare it or anything?

We'll buy plenty of drinks from the bar as it is ... Princess has to pay for those big ships somehow! :)

Thanks

Welcome to Cruise Critic. I thought as a newbie, you deserved a polite and reasonable response. Officially, bringing your own liquor onboard is not allowed; wine is okay but not spirits. Brandy, I'm guessing, Princess would consider liquor. Most people "smuggle" liquor by placing it (wrapped very securely or in special unbreakable containers) in their checked luggage which they leave with the porters to load on the ship. If you hide it in your carry-on, you risk having it discovered in the X-ray scanner. Hope this helps -- good luck and enjoy your cruise. Come back and tell us all about it!

Welcome to Cruise Critic. I thought as a newbie, you deserved a polite and reasonable response. Officially, bringing your own liquor onboard is not allowed; wine is okay but not spirits. Brandy, I'm guessing, Princess would consider liquor. Most people "smuggle" liquor by placing it (wrapped very securely or in special unbreakable containers) in their checked luggage which they leave with the porters to load on the ship. If you hide it in your carry-on, you risk having it discovered in the X-ray scanner. Hope this helps -- good luck and enjoy your cruise. Come back and tell us all about it!

Yes, it helps plenty. I appreciate the polite reply. I saw the previous posts about wine and liquor and got confused about the policy. I wouldn't have thought they'd even allow personal wine bottles onboard. We won't bring any liquor or wine along with with us.

If you want to drink your own drinks by the pool, bring of of those insulated cups with a lid with you. We always bring ours on cruises because we love to enjoy ice tea or lemonade (from the buffet) while we lounge by the pool. Fill them up at the buffet drink area and then our drinks stay nice and cold while we are basking in the sunshine!

Archived