Carnival Website Down??

peanutzmom

Hi! I've been trying to access the Carnival website off & on since around 7PM yesterday, and I keep getting a message that it's down for scheduled maintainance. Are others having a problem accessing the site? Thanks!!

Funny you should ask :eek: Are you on AOL? I just this minute got off the phone with them for this same problem. I got the same message you get, but when I went thru IE instead of AOL I was able to get in the site. Didn't make sense to me , so I called them and they were able to fix it.

Funny you should ask :eek: Are you on AOL? I just this minute got off the phone with them for this same problem. I got the same message you get, but when I went thru IE instead of AOL I was able to get in the site. Didn't make sense to me , so I called them and they were able to fix it.

Hmm, nope. I'm using IE (my ISP is Netzero). I may have to pull up Netscape and see if I get the same message. Thanks!

happens to me all the time. I have aol and go to my explorer to get it to open. After that, back to Aol, and it will work.

Carnivals site is haunted. It gives me more trouble then ever. After having fun pass's filled out for over one month, poof, they were gone. Had to do them all over. :mad:

I can access the site but it is taking forever to load!! I have highspeed dsl and it is acting like a dial up or something! Sometimes i get error messages and I am wondering if it is because you can now book excursions online....?? Seems i have had trouble since they started that! Hmmm???

It's been happening on and off all week for me - at work and home - no AOL here - finally talking DH into getting rid of the training wheels - we have high speed cable now. I just keep hitting refresh - OR - when I can't get in by typing the address I go to the ads at the top of CC and click into the Carnival ad and it goes right it. No idea what is going on.

yes, I forgot to suggest that also. Find a link to Carnival and use it. I think it has to do with there "cookie bake" .....the cookies are over cooked:eek:

to use book modify, i have to enter through a differant link, while leaving my log on page open and minimized. That one is really strange:eek:

Yes, it was definitely down last night for a while, and it has been slow lately (including today).

I tried to access it using both IE and Firefox. No luck with either, so it's Carnival's problem not ours.

I seemed to have found a "back door" of sorts. The only thing working when I pull up http://www.carnival.com is the search box, so I've found if I type *anything* into the search box & hit "enter" it takes me to the search results page, then all of the navigation links finally work and I can get around. I agree, though, that each page takes FOREVER to load, and I sometimes get a "timed out" message. It's a little frustrating, since we were planning on booking some excursions. I may have to override DH and book through private tour guides.

Archived