Is there a stern stairway up to the buffet?

flashdog_1

or the Great Outdoors on NCL ships? I've never heard anyone speak of the convenience of such on Norwegian, but have on other lines. We are in a BA stern balcony on deck 10 on both Pride of America and Dawn & would love to avail myself of such, if it exists (save walking to the aft stairwell or elevator block). Thanks

On the Pearl, there is an outdoor stairway at the stern that goes to the Great Outdoors from deck 11....I know that there is one on the starbord side, not sure about the port side. Also, the aft stairway and elevators bring you to an entrance to the aft portion of the Garden Cafe and a short walk to the Great Outdoors.

Excuse me if I am somehow mistaken but aren't stern and aft both "at the back?"

The Dawn does not have the Great Outdoors and I have not been on Pride of America so I can't comment.

On the Dawn the Garden Cafe is aft but not all the way aft as behind it is the aft staircase and the El Dorado Fitness Center.

The Dawn does not have the Great Outdoors and I have not been on Pride of America so I can't comment.

On the Dawn the Garden Cafe is aft but not all the way aft as behind it is the aft staircase and the El Dorado Fitness Center.

Actually, AFT is a direction and the Stern is a place....but sorry I missed the fact that the inquiry was specifically for the Dawn and POA. My comments about the Pearl do not apply to those ships.

On the Pearl, there is an outdoor stairway at the stern that goes to the Great Outdoors from deck 11....I know that there is one on the starbord side, not sure about the port side. Also, the aft stairway and elevators bring you to an entrance to the aft portion of the Garden Cafe and a short walk to the Great Outdoors.

Where is this mysterious staircase. I have been on the Pearl twice and not seen any outdoor stairway from deck 11 to the Great Outdoors. The deck plans don't show anything there either.

PE

Where is this mysterious staircase. I have been on the Pearl twice and not seen any outdoor stairway from deck 11 to the Great Outdoors. The deck plans don't show anything there either.

PE

I think that I am totally confused....now I think that the stairway that I remembered on the Pearl was between the Great Outdoors and Deck 13...outdoors.

There are many outdoor stairways that are not reflected on the NCL deck plans, but now I think that I was mistaken about a stairway between deck 11 and 12 by the Great Outdoors.

I think that I am totally confused....now I think that the stairway that I remembered on the Pearl was between the Great Outdoors and Deck 13...outdoors.

That sounds correct. And below that the staircase is "crew only" going down.

Unfortunately, no "Great Outdoors" on the Dawn.

Just like the bow is forward on a ship, but the third of the ship that is considered forward is not all on the bow. Only the "nose" of the ship is the bow. Likewise, the last third of the ship is considered aft, but only the "tail" of the ship is the stern.

Therefore, there are stairwells and elevators at approximately half way for midship, 1/4 way forward of that for forward, 1/4 way back for aft stairwell. But there's STILL 1/4 of the ship aft of the aft elevator. But only the few cabins at the tail are on the stern. Those on the sides are not on the stern.

Thank you for answering my question. For "crew members only" on deck 10 restricts my movements!

Archived