Hello all ,,18/12/09 I/E

its,only,me

Forgot to say we got our tickets this week so it means we are 1 step closer to going :D

mrs.c

Not got ours yet :( , but lots going this last couple of weeks have complained of no tickets and having to pick them up at airport because of a Thomson's mess up

Berwyn

Hi, we are off on this too, our first cruise, and sooo looking forward to it, plus getting away from the normal hassle of Christmas and having a nice relaxing one for a change.

Been looking a weather regularly already! We have quite a bit of change dont we with the warmth of the Canaries and and then not as warm Spain.

Can I ask what sort of things are you taking with you? Do you know if there will be parties on Christmas Eve and New Years Eve that means people wont be dressed quite as casually?

So glad to hear that you have got your tickets berwyn :) thats you one step closer ,now if the others just hurry back then it will be yours and then my turn ,,,,,

masal, would like to think that there will be a xmas do where you can get dressed up and then on N/Y eve there is sure to be a deck party (I hope) where you will see me sparkle :D get your sparkly tops on girls ,,,ooh cannot wait

mrs.c

Hey Mrs C, ooh a Deck Party on New Years eve sounds good, will take something a bit more special for that then.

What other sort of clothes are you packing? Being a first timer, and not having days just by the pool etc, I really am not sure!

Three weeks on Friday, where you flying from?

Hi Masal we are flying from Newcastle ,,will be taking mostly trousers as I am not a dress person some 1/3 quarters and plenty of tops ,,,, where are you flying from and are you taking stuff to decorate your cabin as I am taking lots for mine :eek: I will have my xmas tree and plenty of other things and have red bows for my cabin door :D

Ps. what deck are you on as I am on the smokers deck 8, lol ,so thats where you will find me ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

mrs.c

Hi Mrs C, must admit I am mostly in Trousers at night with some nice tops. What about during the day, have a couple of pairs of shorts, a skirt and a pair of 3/4 but then while we are in spain wondered if they would look out of place and maybe some jeans or other trousers?

Hadnt got as far as decs yet, as only booked a couple of weeks ago and its been manic, but yet will definately have to see what my luggage allowance will allow me to take, specially as I am sharing a cabin with my son who is 10 while my husband is with my stepdaughter.

We are on decks 3 or 4 unfortunately which I am a little worried about as apparently you get more noise/vibration on these decks, but beggars cant be choosers hey?!

We are flying from Birmingham, normally Manchester is closer, but the price difference was amazing so went for it, we dont get in til 18.50 tho, so we dont get much of the first day there but have a whole day on the 1st before we leave - just as well after News Years Eve hey!!

Really starting to get excited now!!

I was talking to a woman who was on deck 3 the last time I was there and she said it was fine ,,after all how long do you really spend in your cabin so would not worry about it , have you got your tickets yet :confused: I got mine last week hoorayyyyyyyyyyy :)

mrs.c

What other sort of clothes are you packing? Being a first timer, and not having days just by the pool etc, I really am not sure!

Three weeks on Friday, where you flying from?

Hi Masal, I've just added a few more pics to the ship ones with what DW was wearing last year.

http://s727.photobucket.com/albums/ww273/Cymro1953/

Berwyn

Many thanks for that Berwyn, she has some nice clothes, preety similar style to what I would wear at night too so that is good. Good to see some more views of the ship again too, cant wait.

One thing looking at all your photos again, the chairs outside the Beachcomber, from what I have seen on others photos are different, have they been replaced since your trip?

Archived