SJU Airport info needed

gehrandt

Next Oct we are doing the repositioning Caribbean Princess cruise - we will be disembarking in SJ - have priority status. Does that actually get you off any faster? Best flight out is about 2pm. Hope to do express baggage (either US Air or Delta) - does anyone know if those two airlines are on the list?

Also, at the SJU airport, is there priority lines for security, etc.? We have to fly first because of my DH's health conditions. Great way to fly but sure does cut down on number of trips we can do :)

I keep reading what a zoo the SJU airport is and horror stories about disembarking due to emigration.

Is a taxi the best way to get from the ship to the airport? And if everything does go smoothly and we have hours to burn do the taxis do tours on the way to the airport?

Any suggestions appreciated.

My suggestion (from experience with my DH), is to request airport help from your

airline. At SJU, you have agriculture inspection before checking in and someone with

a wheelchair can take you through all that, security and to your gate. Don't know about immigration, but believe that is done on the ship. As for transportation, if you have extra time, check with countrysidetourspr@yahoo.com. They may have a van or small bus that can take you and luggage on a short tour and to airport. Good luck!!

that could accommodate you.

Archived