Cutting boards and other wood products in Roatan

I Love NC

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a couple bowls last time we were there and I thought the prices were extremely reasonable, I bought one that is about 6 inches across and has two types of wood in it with a lid. we bought them at Coxen Hole area and will be doing it again, i can't say if there were cutting boards as i wasn;t looking for them but maybe will this time, i did have a bowl I bought that was about 9 inces across with a lid and that cracked ont he airplane on the way back, I didn;t pack it real well so be sure you double pack them so they make it home. There are two things in Roatan that I am giong for one is more bowls and the other is coffee.

Have a good time.

Hi, Wooden products are beautiful and easy to find in Roatan. The best prices will probably be in Coxen Hole. I wish I could remember the name of the store I purchased from. They are a few blocks down from the original port on the left side of the road [not much help- I know]. We always hire a guide with Victor Bodden and they always take us there [and will know which store I'm talking about]. They have a large selection of wooden products that are very reasonably priced. The price for a nice wooden bowl or vase would go for around $40 more or less. I did not buy a cutting board, so can't help you there. This store also takes credit cards but the charges will appear in lempiras. They know the conversion rate and it was accurate on my bill.

There will plenty of vendors near the port selling wooden products also, but you will need cash. I'm not sure about the new Mahogany Bay port though. I'm sure you will pay a premium there and no locals are allowed. [they shut out local tour guides all together].

Archived