Just Booked 1st Solo on Carnival

JetSet2B

I've wanted to cruise for a while and have been going back and forth. I really wanted to go somewhere warm this winter so I started browsing for deals. I finally found a good (I think) deal on the Carnival Sensation: 4 day cruise to the Bahamas for $371 total! I'm so excited! I'm already having visions of lounging on the deck, enjoying the beach, drinking a fruity cocktail. Cruising seems so retro/glam (like the old days when travel by oceanliner was the thing). I'm SO excited. :D

I've wanted to cruise for a while and have been going back and forth. I really wanted to go somewhere warm this winter so I started browsing for deals. I finally found a good (I think) deal on the Carnival Sensation: 4 day cruise to the Bahamas for $371 total! I'm so excited! I'm already having visions of lounging on the deck, enjoying the beach, drinking a fruity cocktail. Cruising seems so retro/glam (like the old days when travel by oceanliner was the thing). I'm SO excited. :D

Way to go. Sounds like a good deal to me. Never been on Carnival, but I'm not dead yet either..lol!

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the replies. The cruise is coming up in 1 week! I'm still undecided which shore excursions I will do (most likely a beach resort). I'm need to figure out how to get from MCO (Orlando airport) to my hotel in Cocoa Beach. I'm really excited about the trip though!

Thanks for the replies. The cruise is coming up in 1 week! I'm still undecided which shore excursions I will do (most likely a beach resort). I'm need to figure out how to get from MCO (Orlando airport) to my hotel in Cocoa Beach. I'm really excited about the trip though!

Depending upon when you're arriving and if you want to do any "running around", you may want to rent a car. There are FANTASTIC outlets in Orlando. Otherwise, I believe that Cocoa Beach Shuttle charges $33 for a O/W transfer to Cocoa Beach. It's about a 45 min ride.

I'm in Cocoa Beach as we speak! My flight on Air Tran went well (my first time flying with them). I arrived in Orlando, called the Cocoa Beach Shuttle, andthey arrived iin 20 min or so. I was the first passenger, but the shuttle went between the A and B terminals twice each to pick up more passengers, so that was kinda annoying. I'm pretty happy with the Hampton Inn. The rooms are well apponted with a nice balcony overlooking the pool. Cocoa Beach is a short walk away and very pretty! It was overcast today, so there weren't a lot of people out. I hearda lot of other people cruising on the shuttle ride and they were so excited! I'm definitely looking forward to tomorrow!!!

Archived