State-room Guarantee Questions....PLEASE HELP!

ILCruzr

We have never done this before and are getting nervous....when do they advise you of your assignment of state-room. We have less than 20 days left til we sail...any input from those of you who have done this would be appreciated. Thanks!

We have never been that close without knowing our cabin assignment! We just booked the Paradise for 12/14 last Thursday 11/12. When I logged in on the 13th to reprint a form it had our cabin assignment!! that was 30 days out. The last Guarantee that we did was the Glory in 2006 prior to edocs and we got our cabin assignments when they mailed our documents, and found out that we had been upgraded to an OV from an interior!

Good to know, I was wondering if we had to wait till we got on the ship to find out. Thanks for posting that question. Now I can't wait to see where we will end up on the Dream come Feb, I know we will be upgraded from what we paid for, but to what is the question. :cool:

How exciting!

I am guessing there are fewer free upgrades on these "guarantee" rooms now that the "upsell" department works so feverishly to sell the better cabins. For Carnival, even if they make a reduced amount of money on an upsell, it's still revenue that they weren't getting when they did the free upgrades.

All you can count on for sure is the category you booked, so if you did an inside guarantee, don't expect to receive an OV or balcony (but if you do, jump up and down and celebrate like a little schoolgirl! :D)

We have never done this before and are getting nervous....when do they advise you of your assignment of state-room. We have less than 20 days left til we sail...any input from those of you who have done this would be appreciated. Thanks!

You could be one of those rare instances where you would get to the ship and there would be no cabins and you would not be able to sail.

I am betting you will get a nice upgrade.

Steve

Oh- we knew weeks out and got exactly what we paid for. So maybe the later the assignment the better chance you have of an upgrade. But don't get yourself convinced that you will be upgraded. Count on what you paid for and you will be pleasantly surprised if you get something nicer.

Archived