Cozumel Snorkeling-Recommendations Please

Lakefamily

This will be our first cruise to the Western Caribbean. I have 3 children ages 6 and 9. Very good swimmers and i am interested in taking a snorkeling trip. I have read about Eagle Ray Divers and am interested in the 3 reef snorkel and lunch on the beach for $70 ppi--has anyone done this? Can you tell me is it worth the 3rd reef snorkeling or should i stop at the 2 reef day and get lunch on the cruise?

Kuzamil offers 3 reef tours with a glass bottom boat with 30 min snorkel times per each reef (3). This does not include lunch and is only $40 with children being $30 each instead of the $70 with Eagle Ray.

If you have found another company i would appreciate your input.

Thank you!

I haven't used either company, but I've read quite a few positive reviews about Eagleray. I think their 3 reef tour is the better choice if you want to go to the better reefs further south. I don't think the 2 reef trip goes far enough south.

I've not heard of Kuzamil

Another option you might consider is going to Playa Palancar by taxi and doing the boat snorkel trip that departs from their beach to the nearby Palancar reef. I believe the trip is $30. I don't know if there is a price break for children, but it is a nice, relaxed beach club. I've enjoyed the food there several times.

We just returned from a cruise on the Crown Princess and we were in Cozumel last week. We went to Chankanaab. We were most fortunate to snorkel with Mario Ceh. We did this from shore. Mario works for tips in the AM and does scuba tours in the PM, I forget the price of the scuba tours. He is a NASE scuba instructor. He is an excellent guide and we saw hundreds of fish. He is also personable and energetic and when we return we will make arrangements to have our grandchildren go with him. He can be reached via the internet at snorkelwmario@gmail.com or scubawmario@gmail.com

Archived