Miami hotels that offers shuttles-airport and port of Miami

cricri7

Hi.....I will be going on the Carnival Valor that leaves Miami on Sunday February 28th. I have never cruised from that area before and googled and researched many hotels but I would love to find, to keep the costs down, hotels that offers a shuttle from the airport. I am interested in hotels that also offers a shuttle that will take us to the port of Miami. I had found such hotels a while ago but I do not seem to find them anymore!

I also looked on Hotwire and the hotels that seem to come up are the Intercontinental west and the Holiday Inn Doral. This last one does not seem to offer the shuttles.

My other question is...how much a cab costs from the port of Miami to the airport? When we will be getting off our cruise, how much do we expect to pay for a cab to the airport? Does the cruise line offer shuttles to the airport?

Thanks in advance for your answers!

We are staying the Marriott Courtyard Airport South next Saturday prior to our Sunday cruise. They offer airport pickup and they also have a package which includes cruise port shuttle the next morning. Not sure how much the shuttle package is but you can call them. You can purchase a transfer from your cruise line for return to the airport if you are not planning on staying in Miami after the cruise. Probably $20 pp or so.

Stayed at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami 8/09. No shuttle, plenty of cabs available with fare to port around $12.00.

Sailing on Ncl Dawn 4/4/10 and staying at Marriott Biscayne Bay. They do offer a shuttle to the port at a cost of $5.00 per person. Hope this helps.

Cost from the port back to the Miami airport is about 26$ per cab. Do not sign up for any shuttle service. Too much money and too much time wasted waiting for athe buses to load.

I would not choose a hotel just for the shuttle to the port or from the airport. You will be stuck near the airport. Head to Miami/Miami Beach and enjoy the city. Visit South Beach. You can sit in an airport hotel anywhere. Go check out an amzing area.

thanks to all of you....after my many searches, I started realizing that the way to go was to stay near the port of Miami and enjoy the sights instead of staying near the airport and having nothing else to do.

I am still looking at hotels and will probably go the Hotwire route to get a better hotel for less.

Archived