St Lucia Visa ??

Aussie One

I've never heard of this but any way last time l was in St Lucia very few passport checks were made so l suspect you will be ok anyway

What an incredibly stupid piece of "advice" to give! The OP has asked a perfectly reasonable question in order to comply with the law. Checking with the appropriate authorities and basing further actions on that is the correct thing to do.

:mad:

I've never heard of this but any way last time l was in St Lucia very few passport checks were made so l suspect you will be ok anyway

And if you are checked, you will be put off the ship, deported and permanently banned from P&O. And probably all Carnival brands too.

This is, as Thanite says, one of the most stupid and misleading pieces of advice seen on this board. And, believe me, that is saying something.

I note that Australians require a visa for entry into St Lucia cost usd 50

does this apply for a one day stop ? over if so i will stay onboard.

My understanding is that you would have to have the visa even if you do not wish to disembark. Please seek advice from the appropriate consulate or embassy, and please don't listen to those telling you to wing it.

I agree with the above. When we docked overnight in New Orleans every single person on board, passengers and crew, had to present themselves to the American immigration officials whether they were going ashore or not, even the ones whose nationality barred them from leaving the ship in the first place.

Carol x

Sorry guys for an intrusion.

I am Russian-American and have many friends who are citizens of FSU. They also need visas for many islands including St Lucia, but only if they want to stay on the islands. For a short visit during the cruise visa is not necessary.

I am not sure what is a definition of a short visit (24 or 72 hours?) but in any case it's longer than ships stay in port.

Sorry guys for an intrusion.

I am Russian-American and have many friends who are citizens of FSU. They also need visas for many islands including St Lucia, but only if they want to stay on the islands. For a short visit during the cruise visa is not necessary.

I am not sure what is a definition of a short visit (24 or 72 hours?) but in any case it's longer than ships stay in port.

This is clearly something that should be checked with the relevant consulate.

Sorry to go off topic but what is a ''blue ribbon cruiser''? everyone seems to be a ''cool cruiser''

I believe it's a either longevity on this boards or number of posts. :)

Oh, I found

---- Per FAQ at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/faq.php:

What is a Blue Ribbon Cruiser? Charter Member? 5,000+ Club etc.?

A "Blue Ribbon Cruiser" is a member who has attained 3,000 posts on the Cruise Critic message boards -- at any time. Those who's posting counts do not reflect 3,000 posts may have been "grandfathered"...that is, they attained their status prior to our moving to our new message boards on June 2004. Those who attain 5,000+ posts on the forums will receive a title of "5,000+ Club". Ditto the 10,000+ level. Those who have "Charter Member" in front of their club name are those who had attained 5,000 or 10,000 posts on the day that Cruise Critic moved to our new message board forums in June of 2004. ---

Archived