Private tour co?

dcruisers

My roommate used them for the Shark/Ray Alley tour on a Jan 08 cruise, and had a great time. I wouldn't hesitate to book with them if they offer a tour you're interested in.

I do want to clarify that while it's an independent tour, it won't be private- you'll be combined with others from your ship and possibly others in port with you.

We booked Caye Caulker (11/5/09) through Coral Breezes and would not do that again. We met at the appointed time, and 15 minutes after we were supposed to leave, they (Hammerhead Sports - the vendor they use in Belize), informed us they didn't have enough people going to Caye Caulker to make the trip worth their while. One of the other cruise ships was running late in debarking their passengers, and so we were canceled.

If you do choose to book with them, I would have a Plan B in place. Whether or not you get to go on your trip will be dependent on whether or not other people who have booked it show up. Belize really isn't a port where you can just take a taxi and head to a beach if your Plan A doesn't work out.

When we went a few years ago, we used Coral Breezes and found out that they are just the booking company. We had a guide named Marvin and while it was okay and much better than a ship tour, I thought it could have been better.

A week ago, we were back in Belize and used cave-tubing.com and had a guide named Evan. It was much better in every respect and i recommend them without hesitation. Not only was it much cheaper than the ship tour, we had the ATV and cave-tubing combo and Evan was extremely funny, interesting and concerned for our safety. You can read my review of the Belize portion or the full cruise at http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=60115.

I always use private operators and I get those names from this board. A ship tour does not really care if you have a good time or not and are always full of tons of people and in a hurry. Private operators rely on word of mouth for future business so work harder to be sure you are happy. Even though I had a bad experience with Coral Breezes method, the guide and tour were okay. I just far and away prefer cave-tubing.com.

You will love Belize and consider the ATV and cave tubing combo.

Archived