Eden Rock

lakegirl16

I've been reading all of the various posts about Eden Rock and need clarification. There will be four of us and two people will be snorkeling and two will not. If we go to Eden Rock is there somewhere for the non snorkelers to get a chair and a cocktail?

Thanks!

Our group came across the Eden Rock snorkeling scene by accident, we were just walking, following the water's edge. We came to this little outdoor cafe area, which had chairs and umbrellas. I think it was called "Paradise Cafe". Right from there, there was a set of stairs leading into the water. Our snorkelers had their own equipment with them, so just snorkeled from there. (we were killing about an hour, before our Stingray Tour). They stayed right close to shore, and there were these big Tarpons among the other fish. The rest of us sat at a table and had a drink. I think the "official" Eden Rock Dive center is a few minutes further down the road.

Paradise Restaurant is the first spot you will come to, and it has a bar/restaurant, chairs, etc. for the other half of your party.

Eden Rock Dive Center is right next door, and does not have a bar or restaurant area.

Both locations rent gear, as far as I know, and are within very easy walking distance of the port area.

Sunset House is about a half mile further, or thereabouts, and has a bar area. Not 100% sure if they rent snorkel gear, but it's probably likely.

Archived