Boardwalk balcony rooms

Fisical1

For those who have been on the ship, what would be the best Boardwalk balcony rooms to get? Would it be best to book 3 or 4 rooms back from the end or try to get the last room closest to the ocean. Booking for my sister, so would appreciate all your responses. And you all are so lucky to have been on this ship already. I really envy you all :)

Good question! We have booked the end Boardwalk balcony cabin on the 12th deck, thinking that it will have great views of Boardwalk, Aqua theater, and the ocean. :confused:

We would also appreciate feedback from those who have been lucky enough to been on board!

I would suggest getting a boardwalk balcony close to the aquatheater. I was able to tour one of them closer to the front, and the view is not nearly as impressive. If you are closer to the aqua theater, you can see the boardwalk, theater, and at times, the ocean behind the theater.

I have a balcony, not boardwalk cabin at the end near the aquatheater. To be honest I was a little nervous about it considering the size of the ship and how long it would take to get anywhere..but being on the ship took away all my fears.

The location is great, the dining room is right below you, the royal promenade is just thru the doors at the end of the boardwalk, central park is on deck 8 and the again quick to get too. I loved the lively atmosphere of the boardwalk, it was just such a great place to hang out and there is so much right there for you.

I totally disagree about the noise though. When we took our tour the guy showed us the new feature they put in for those boardwalk and central park balcony cabins...the glass door to the balcony is soundproof. If you go look at my pictures you will find a video we took of someone talking and as you close the door you can no longer hear him. They did this specifically because of the noise factor which I think was a fantastic touch!

As for them being hot...well I could have said that about the whole ship...but that was because door were open, people were touring, the heat was coming in from the outside everywhere. Once night time set in and everything was closed up it was fine so I believe this was only because of what was going on with the ship that day.

It was hot on the balcony with very little breeze. IMO the reason for the balcony is to enjoy the balcony and the ocean breezes. To shut the door because of the noise defeats the purpose..

We were forward on deck 14 and had no difficulty getting anywhere. This ship, even tho huge, was very easy to navigate.

My friends and I had the same discussion, but dont forget we never left port until 9 that night, I do believe those balconies are going to be hot on port days when there is no air moving thru, but when we are at sea they should be better.

And while I always have a balcony I cannot say that I leave my door open all the time...its gets the cabin rather hot, I enjoy going to sit out on the balcony more than I do hearing the ocean breezes when I am inside...its all subjective to ones personal likes and dislikes so you cant compare these cabins to what we like individually.

I agree I personally would much rather have the ocean, but some people are going to like these cabins, just like they enjoy the promenade cabins so its just going to be a matter of opinion when it comes to choosing them.

J I really can`t see the reason except for the novelty.

Exactly my reason for booking a Boardwalk balcony cabin 'the novelty' :)I can choose an ocean view balcony on any other ship or cruiseline and I just wanted to try this one..someone has to report back about how they are..might as well be me:D

I choose deck 10 5 cabins from the Aquatheatre. I had chosen the last one closest to the Aquatheatre but thought of that large overhang above would block the light.

Will have to wait a bit for my personal views on this type of cabin as I don't sail until October for this balcony type.

Emmy I think you will enjoy your cabin. My friends and I viewed them from the inside, balcony and outside....overall I like the ocean and would probably still pick an outside balcony...but we all agreed if the price were right we would take one of those balconies, truly the boardwalk is so lively and upbeat I think just sitting there enjoying the scenery will be a lot of fun.

Emmy I think you will enjoy your cabin. My friends and I viewed them from the inside, balcony and outside....overall I like the ocean and would probably still pick an outside balcony...but we all agreed if the price were right we would take one of those balconies, truly the boardwalk is so lively and upbeat I think just sitting there enjoying the scenery will be a lot of fun.

I agree!!! We have one on deck 10 also. It is the sixth one from the Aquatheater. We will be sailing in January so I'l give everyone my take on how they were. I am also excited to know that the parades are on the boardwalk too. We have never seen any of the parades on any of the shipd.

Archived