Cavetubing/Zipling with Major Tom

scuba214

We are interested in doing this tour. We have three that want to zipline and tube and one that just wants to tube. Is there somewhere the tuber can hang out while we zipline? Will he have to pay for the combo tour our just the cave tubing?

Any info is appreciated!

We are interested in doing this tour. We have three that want to zipline and tube and one that just wants to tube. Is there somewhere the tuber can hang out while we zipline? Will he have to pay for the combo tour our just the cave tubing?

Any info is appreciated!

We just did the cave tubing with Major Tom last week. The way the day worked for us was that the tubers and the tuber/zipliners all ride out together on the bus. The tuber/zipliners get off the bus, grab the tubing gear and get hiking. The tubing-only crowd takes a more liesurely approach to it, moving along slowly. The tubers stop for swim at the river crossing - basically killing time, but the water is refreshing and the scenery spectacular. The tubers/ziperliners meanwhile get the tubing done and move on to ziplining. When the tubing only crowd finishes up, they've got time to rinse off, put on dry clothes and sit down and eat the plate lunch (if you've ordered it - and you should!). By the time the tubers were finished eating lunch and poking around the tables with the local handicrafts the tuber/zipliners were back from their adventure. The timing, for us at least, worked out just fine and we didn't feel like we were waiting around for the tuber/zipliners.

You'll be able to pay for tubing-only or tubing/ziplining depending on what each person's choice is.

Let me know if you have other questions.

Two questions: Was the water level high for tubing? Did it seem like the current was fast?

What time did you return back to the port? You weren't rushed were you?

The water wasn't high at all - in fact it was low and our guide needed to pull us through the shallows a few times. There was a very slight current, and the guide paddled with his arms quite a bit to keep us moving along. This isn't a "white water" experience by any means, but a slow moving river. Now... if it rains upstream for a few days the experience might change!

We were back at the tourist center (at the tenders) in Belize City by 2:30.

You can see my blog of the day at http://pcaldwell5.tripod.com/nov_18_09.htm

What time did you return back to the port? You weren't rushed were you?

I forgot to say that no, we weren't rushed at all. We had time to swim before tubing, and sat down and ate the pre-ordered box lunch that Major Tom's group provides before heading back on the bus.

Thanks for your reply Golden Cat. If we wanted to stay together with our non ziplining group, could they wait and just go tubing with us?

I don't know the answer to that question since it never came up in our situation. My guess is that Major Tom can answer via email. Good luck!

We just did the cave tubing with Major Tom last week. The way the day worked for us was that the tubers and the tuber/zipliners all ride out together on the bus. The tuber/zipliners get off the bus, grab the tubing gear and get hiking. The tubing-only crowd takes a more liesurely approach to it, moving along slowly. The tubers stop for swim at the river crossing - basically killing time, but the water is refreshing and the scenery spectacular. The tubers/ziperliners meanwhile get the tubing done and move on to ziplining. When the tubing only crowd finishes up, they've got time to rinse off, put on dry clothes and sit down and eat the plate lunch (if you've ordered it - and you should!). By the time the tubers were finished eating lunch and poking around the tables with the local handicrafts the tuber/zipliners were back from their adventure. The timing, for us at least, worked out just fine and we didn't feel like we were waiting around for the tuber/zipliners.

You'll be able to pay for tubing-only or tubing/ziplining depending on what each person's choice is.

Let me know if you have other questions.

Great info, thanks for sharing! My wife and I have are going cave tubing with Major Tom in Jan - this gives us a great heads up on what to expect.

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the great info about this excursion. My daughter and I have booked cave tubing and zip lining with Major Tom for our cruise in February.

What kind of shoes would be best to wear? Do we need bug spray?

Thanks for any info you can provide.

The website is cave-tubing dot net.

You'll need water shoes or old tennis shoes or something like that, mainly for the walk to and in the river. No flip flops. We took bug spray and put it on beforehand, but I never saw anyone getting "buggy", and never say any bugs the day we were there. I'd say... put it on just in case though.

The website is cave-tubing dot net.

You'll need water shoes or old tennis shoes or something like that, mainly for the walk to and in the river. No flip flops. We took bug spray and put it on beforehand, but I never saw anyone getting "buggy", and never say any bugs the day we were there. I'd say... put it on just in case though.

Klmorg, thanks for the info. I was figuring water shoes would be best but

I wasn't sure about the walk to the cave tubing in water shoes. I am looking forward to this excursion. My daughter and I have wanted to go zip lining for a very long time. Can't wait...

I am doing the cave tubing/zipline combo with Major Tom. I know the carnival tours get off the boat first, with that being said will we have a problem getting off the ship in time? I know this is a long tour and I just want to make sure we don't waste time getting off the ship so that we are not late getting back on. I've only done ship tours in the past so not really sure how the non ship tours work.

Thanks for any help,

Lori

I have booked excursions other than carnival and did not have a problem getting off the ship....I don't remember them even saying that Carnival excursions get off first. We are also thinking on doing Major Tom.....I just hope that we get back in time......????? When are you going?

I am doing the cave tubing/zipline combo with Major Tom. I know the carnival tours get off the boat first, with that being said will we have a problem getting off the ship in time? I know this is a long tour and I just want to make sure we don't waste time getting off the ship so that we are not late getting back on. I've only done ship tours in the past so not really sure how the non ship tours work.

Thanks for any help,

Lori

What ship/cruiseline are you on? If it's Carnival, you'll need to get to the place they are giving out tender stickers early that morning. It will be listed in the previous night's Capers. For us, we went to the show lounge pretty early, told them we had an early independent excursion booked, and they gave us a sticker.

Non-Carnival tours were able to catch the first tender. They announce various excursions, and sticker numbers, and it is pretty orderly. The water excursions do not get on the tender boats, they get on whatever boat they are taking on their excursions, so that helps. And don't worry, Major Tom will not leave without you!

Have fun... I know we did. But we only did the cave-tubing part. We did zipline in Roatan, and it was amazing!

Thank you for the info. We are on the Valor in Feb. Heard so many good things about Major Tom and this excursion and am really looking forward to it. I am relieved to know that we can get off the ship earlier than I thought.

Lori:o

• 4 weeks later...

I orginnaly chose to pay there because I did not want to carry that much cash on me. Credit cards are not accepted. Something about them having to pay a fee. I did it thru paypal it charged it to my credit card. Worked out fine.

Archived