Rose and Jim's?

ScubaJune

How would I book a tour with Jim? (I am new to Cruise Critic and not sure I understand how to ask questions). Thanks.

rose_jim@caribsurf.com or www.roseandjimstaxi.com are their email and website addresses, respectively. I booked via email; they did not ask for a deposit.

I think it's a coin toss as to whether you'll get Rose or Jim - both are great, I hear.

We had a tour last month with Rose and it was one of the best tours we have done. Rose was great, very informative and did everything to please the group. We did not want to stay at the beach and she gladly bought us back to the ship, even making a special effort to get us close since my wife has a hip problem.

I would highly recommend Rose and Jim.

There was no minimum mentioned when we booked.

Thanks Rose.

Have you contacted Javin at myislands.com

I heard he is very good and many people that sail the Victory go with his tours. He had contacted me and said so many people were wanting his tours he had to turn people away. He does not usually do "Regular" tours but he can cater to whatever you like. He is much different from Rose and Jim, Thenford and Royston.

It is might be worth it to shoot him an email and see what he says. The rainforest tour is a trip of a lifetime and very serene.

People on this thread are talking about Rose and Jim and their experiences with them. Why is all of a sudden everything about Javin? I'm seriously thinking there is a hidden agenda here by Cruising Easy. Also you are starting to contradict yourself, in this thread you "heard" Javin was good but in other threads you and your wife went on a tour with him and it was life changing. Just saying ....

This board is for cruisers looking for helpful and hopefully unbiased information on tours while in St. Kitts. As I have said in earlier posts, there are many, many knowledgeable and great tour operators so let's give them all equal billing, if at all possible.

Javin is simply a great tour operator from what I have heard from people I know and what I have experienced myself. No hidden agenda and no bias here.

I am merely stating what I have heard and what I have seen.

My information is helpful to many people who have contacted him and taken his tours so if it is not helpful for you then so be it.

There is no bias. We are all adults and in the end we can choose to take whoever we want on what island we go to.

For Paul who chimed in with his 2 cents - how do you spell the word excellent?

I usually book private tours recommended on Cruisecritic and often do not get prompt return emails, sometimes not at all. After reading posts about Rose and Jim, I emailed them last night about a tour in December. I had a response when I checked this morning. I sent a follow up question and got a response this afternoon. I still haven't received responses from two tour companies. It appears that their attention to future customers equals the great reviews from previous clients. Thanks again to all who take the time to contribute their positive and negative experiences.

Archived