Grand Cayman excursion companies

cutbham

We will be visiting Grand Cayman on a cruise in March 2010. We are a family of four with two teenage daughters. We would like to swim with the stingrays and snorkel. The companies recommended on these threads are Moby Dicks, Franks watersports, Captain Marvins, and Nativeways. All are priced about the same. Can you please recommend who you would go with and why. Thanks in advance!!!

The only company we have tried was Moby Dick, so my expertise ends with them. However, we were very happy with every aspect of the tour. The guides were very professional, yet lots of fun, they are young and both are what my daughter would call "hotties" (teenage daughters will appreciate that!). They offered to drop off people at 7 mile beach on the way back, but no one took them up on it. Guess we all wanted to shop instead. The tour wasn't crowded, and we all felt we had personal attention anytime we needed it. GREAT tour. You will love the stingrays. Bring a waterproof camera, take lots of pictures. Pucker up and kiss a ray. Seven years of good luck, so they say. You never know...............

We did Captain Marvin's a few weeks ago while on our cruise. We wanted to do the stingrays and the island tour and they accomodated both. Had the island tour operator pick us up at the dock where the boat for the stingrays left from. I do not think we had more than 20 people on our boat out to the stingrays which was nice. Our itinerary got switched around as well and we ended up at Grand Cayman on a different day than was planned and they had no problem switching everything for us. We booked online in advance as well.

Tim

• 2 weeks later...

We just got back a few weeks ago. I cannot recommend Fat Fish Adventures highly enough. They take you out to Stingray City and Snorkeling by Waverunner (jet ski). It's a BLAST! It costs a little more but Peter is great and makes it so much fun. You really get to fly too. No holding back on this one. It's an adventure the teenagers won't forget for sure! It's also a very personal experience since they don't take out more than 12 people at a time, which is another bonus. I think our group had 10. They have a website, check it out. Also check out Trip Advisor. Last I looked, Fat Fish was still #1 and for good reason!

We booked with Fat Fish for our Conquest cruise in September and found this to be the best excursion we've ever done. It was the 1st time that we've booked an excursion on our own and could not have gone smoother. We had done Sting Ray city before with a ship sponsored excursion where we were on a boat with 50 other passengers. With Fat Fish you go out on perfectly maintained waverunners with Peter, another guide and 4-6 riders. Peter knows the stingrays by name and you get alot of time with them. You then go to a great snorkeling location not far away. If we ever get back to Grand Cayman we will be booking this excursion again. Check out tripadvisor.com. We couldn't find a single bad review.

I personally would love trying "Fat fish" but I know DW will not go for the waverunner or jetboat. Soooo, the best options I have found so far as the Buccaneer Stingray City Catamaran (4 hrs) and the Capt Marvin's full-day (5 hrs includes lunch).

5 ships in port when we visit on Feb 4 so I figure we'd better book ahead! Would love to hear detailed reviews if anyone has done one of these.

Archived