What Are the MUST SEE Excursions for Southern Caribbean??

We're a family of four who went a few years back. ST. LUCIA Definitely consider the land and sea in souferi (check spelling on this one) excursion. It was one of the best. You go by bus to the other side of the island to the piton mountains, very picturesque.....through banana groves, mind you the ride is through very steep roads which might be a little different then your used to. I think there was also a volcanoe we stopped at, and then a katamaran ride back around the island to the ship. I still have the pictures sitting at my work desk.

In barbados we went on a submarine ride, they take you down around 100 feet deep near a coral reef. The experience was awesome especially if you have kids the whole thing is like a mini adventure, the sub is very safe because it naturally wants to float and the motors make it stay down...if anything ever goes wrong it will float up to the surface.

If you want more info, I could go on and on.

I agree - my husband and I went on the same two excursions in St Lucia and Barbados - they were absolutely AWESOME! The St. Lucia one lasted just about all day and really made you feel as though you had experienced the island. The Atlantis submarine in Barbados was incredible - we saw tons of beautiful fish of all kinds and a huge sea turtle. I am given to claustrophobia and was a little concerned that the sub would feel "tight" but it was light and airy seeming and I had no trouble. Can't remember now if you said you were going to St. Kitts but that was our favorite of all. We didn't go on an organized excursion but we and the other couple we were with hired a taxi driver and asked him to take us to the most beautiful beach on the island. He drove us about a half hour through the most spectacular scenery -the crest of a hill with views of the Atlantic on one side and the Caribbean on the other and we ended up at Turtle Beach. It is paradise and there are monkeys living in the trees that will come down and take bananas almost right out of your hands. Beautiful clear warm water, a little cabana where they will bring you buckets of beer, and beach chairs for rent. PERFECT!

In Antigua, you absolutely must take Eli's EcoTour. If you either search "eli antigua" or just go to the Antigua section of these boards you will see the reviews. This excursion has ALWAYS gotten rave reviews. My wife and I enjoyed it so much, we returned the next year with our 10 and 12 year old sons and my brother and sister and their significant others. It was the highlight of everyone's trip.

Here is a link to the website for the tour: <http://www.antiguaadventures.com/t-pb-advant.html>

Read other reviews on the board. I don't think you would be disappointed with this excursion.

Steve and Julie

We did the same islands last year and are scheduled to cruise there again this March. Last year we went with 2 other couples - this year we are taking our 17 and 15 year old kids. Here's what we did:

St Thomas - last year we did the Buck Island sailing, private sailboat with a max of 6 people, sailed and snorkeled, it was fun,. This year we are trying the BOB - go to RC site for info, looks like fun.It fills up fast so make reservations now if you want to do it!

St Maarten - last year we did the America's Cup sailing regatta - it was a blast! So much fun that we are doing it again this year.

Antigua - last year we did a power catamaran sail and snorkel. Swam with turtles. It was fun and the crew were very entertaining. This year we are doing the Kayak and Snorkel Eco adventure.

Barbados - last year we did the 5 Star catamaran/snorkel tour with the great lunch. It was fun but long, didn't have much time left to go to town or see the island. This year we are doing a shorter Snorkel with shipwrecks, turtles, etc. excursion.

St Lucia - last year we did the Pirates of the Carribbean ship thing - BORING. this year we have another snorkel thing arranged.

We are active and like to keep busy plus this year we have our teenagers with us so that is why we are doing lots of snorkeling/sailing things. Have fun!

Not sure - we are going March 19 and have already booked. Booked early last year also. I heard the BOB books fast. Most of the others have both morning and afternoon excursions.

FYI - if you are in St Thomas on a Sunday, the downtown stores all close at 1:00! Last year did the Buck Island sailing, when we got back it was too late to go downtown so we just shopped at the "mall" area by the pier. This year we are booking an afternoon excursion so we can hit the downtown area. Didn't know this info last year and was a little disappointed.

Have fun!

Archived