Cabo Whale watching

LenRye

Hi

We will be in Cabo San Lucas on 15th Jan aboard the Celebrity Constellation and would like to do a whale watching tour.

There a 3 of us, 2 fairly active 50 yr olds and 1 not quite so sprightly 70 yr old.

Could someone that has done any whale watching tours give us some tips on the best types etc please.

Has anybody had any experience of Celebrity's 'Deluxe Coastal Cruise And Seasonal Whale Watching' tour?

Len

Last Feb we used Pez Gato for our whale watching trip. It is just a short distance from the tender pier--about 3 minute walk and perfect for myself (mid 40's) and 72 year old mom. I looked at a bunch of different options, but liked the catamarans best.

I was suprised watching the water taxi's follow the whales. They are extremely small boats and when the whales are coming out of the water they don't pay attention to what is around them! Pez Gato got close enough to allow us to see the whales, but still kept a distance to give the whales space. It was great fun and I can't recommend them enough!

Last Feb we used Pez Gato for our whale watching trip. It is just a short distance from the tender pier--about 3 minute walk and perfect for myself (mid 40's) and 72 year old mom. I looked at a bunch of different options, but liked the catamarans best.

I was suprised watching the water taxi's follow the whales. They are extremely small boats and when the whales are coming out of the water they don't pay attention to what is around them! Pez Gato got close enough to allow us to see the whales, but still kept a distance to give the whales space. It was great fun and I can't recommend them enough!

Thanks for the reply. Ive seen a lot of good reports for Pez Gato but the only problem is the timing of his tour. we arrive at 8am (not sure if this is ship time or local time) and have to be at his by 9:30, this may be cutting things a bit fine as we are tendered.

• 2 weeks later...

We used Cabo Sailing on 12/3 and could not have been happier with them. Captain Gus and first mate Gustavo gave us a wonderful tour and we had a blast. It was great to do our own thing with only a few other people instead of somthing with the ship. They also provided a lunch and all the drinks you wanted. I would go with them again anytime!

Hi, We did the deluxe whale watching tour through Celebrity last year, it wasn't very good. It was fairly large catameran and there were too many people on board and my husband had to hold his camera above everyones heads. It was very hard to see, and they only found one whale and her baby. I would do a private one or a zodiac one in Cabo. We are going to do one through RC this Feb. in PV, we hope it will be better. It sounds better.:)

Hi

We will be in Cabo San Lucas on 15th Jan aboard the Celebrity Constellation and would like to do a whale watching tour.

There a 3 of us, 2 fairly active 50 yr olds and 1 not quite so sprightly 70 yr old.

Could someone that has done any whale watching tours give us some tips on the best types etc please.

Has anybody had any experience of Celebrity's 'Deluxe Coastal Cruise And Seasonal Whale Watching' tour?

Len

Archived