Kodiak Island - new port for us

Krazy Kruizers

Next summer we will be visiting Kodiak Island -- our time is short there -- 7 AM - 1 PM.

Where do the tenders drop off the passengers? I have a walking map and I think that we will just walk around the town. Thanks

Are you on HAL's new 14 day cruise on the Amsterdam? Sounds like it since Kodiak is one of the stops and the 7am-1pm time frame is also. If so, you might want to check out the generic thread in the Roll Call section that is for any of the HAL 14 day Amsterdam cruises. There's lots of tour info there.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1039990

We are also still researching what to do in Kodiak and Homer.Of course we would love to do Bear viewing,but don't know if any are being offered in our time frame and then again there is the price range.I did see an ATV tour that looked very interesting,but of course I didn't write it down and now I can't find it.

Awaiting information back from Kodiak Adventures Unlimited .They offer a land tour and also have an ATV tour.If we do opt for a tour in Kodiak we will be doing Walking Tour in Homer.I am really disappointed we will not be able to do bear viewing,but even if we had enough time the cost is just out of our range.

I had their e-mail from when I sent for their brochure -- got the brochure -- and then e-mailed them asking a couple of questions -- never heard from them.

When I emailed them at info@kodiakisland.net I got an email answer the next day but it wasn't very helpful. She didn't really answer my questions.

Instead she said the ship would give me the info I wanted. She didn't even answer my question about how far from town the tenders/boats from the ship dock.

In 2008, on board the Tahitian princess, we docked (no tenders) about 1/2 mile from the center of town. There was an inexpensive shuttle bus that operated all day long. By the way, kodiak is an excellent port for renting a car andexploring on your own. There is an excellent and detailed driving tour guide (free) available online, and when we were there Avis was picking people up at the dock starting shortly after 7 and allowing renters to leave their car at the dock with the keys in the glovebox rather than dropping off at the airport and shuttling back. There was also a budget location downtown but this did not open until 9am so would not be as good an option with limited time in port.

http://kodiak.org/things-to-do/driving-tour.html

Archived